2011 Yz450f?

To the people that own the 2010 or 2011 yz450f's. After break in do you check the valve clearances? Just wondering because I bought a 2011 new and was wondering if anyone had to shim them after the break in? I haven't had the chance to break mine in yet because it's 30 degrees outside, but I figured after the break in I would change the oil and filter but it says in the manual to check the valve clearances, kind of thinking that if it is brand new that it isn't necessary.. I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks

Ive never heard of yamaha valves needing to be adjusted after the break in, I would not be happy if my brand new bike needed a shimming.
It's not really uncommon to hear about them needing to be tweaked a little following break in. There seemed to have been quite a few '07 models that ended up with an intake or two at .09mm on the first check up and were fine ever after that.

• 3 weeks later...

Check them right after break in, like others have said it offers a good reference point for future checks.

Valve checks on the 2010/11 are really really easy to do, and take only about 15 minutes. Lifting and supporting the tank you can then remove the small black plastic head cover (push two pins in and lift out). Remove the plug boot and then remove the valve cover and that's it.

I checked my valves after 22 hours and there appeared to be no movement at all.