HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcm3

Does old gas gum up the fuel injector on the fi bikes?

4 posts in this topic

I did a bunch of searches, but couldn't seem to find the right wording, and was coming up nil.

When either purchasing an fi bike that has sat on the delaership floor for over a year, or when letting an fi bike sit for awhile, is there a concern with gas gumming up the fuel injectors in the same way that it does a carbed bike?

I was a big Mustang guy (fuel injected versions), and I know my car sat months at a time without any issue. I know that old gas can cause some issues with plugging up the jets, and I'm curious if that's something to be concerned about with the 2010 and later bikes.

If it is, what's the best method for cleaning the injectors?

Thanks for any info.

When either purchasing an fi bike that has sat on the delaership floor for over a year, or when letting an fi bike sit for awhile, is there a concern with gas gumming up the fuel injectors in the same way that it does a carbed bike?

It can, but brand name fuel injector cleaning additives actually do work to free things up.

old gas and low octane gas screw everything up. dont let the same gas sit in there for more then a month and a half or two

it can, but brand name fuel injector cleaning additives actually do work to free things up.

+1....