HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sledtrash

Hot cams install

6 posts in this topic

So I took my engine apart and put it back together and I noticed that I have hot cams. .. I timed the cams fo,lowing stock protocol but I'm scared of having problems. I haven't ran the bike yet and I'm wondering if the timing procedure is any different? I spun the engine around (very slowly and carefully) and haven't felt any catches but I'm wanting to make sure I'll have to take the valve cover off to find out what stage they are.

Any knowledge on this? 06 yz450f

That might help? It would follow the same as stock, or else it would be stated

Timing them is the same as timing stock cams. If you did it correct for stock cams then you are fine.

Timing them is the same as timing stock cams. If you did it correct for stock cams then you are fine.

Awesome well that makes me feel better. although my front hotcam the dots on the wheel were really really tiny... so I'm going to check again. also with a WR fly wheel it has the three marks two have a line between them and the other one is just to the side by itself do I time to the one by itself or one of the others.

IMG_6500.jpg

its kinda hard to see but at the bottom of the flywheel is where those marks are.

Timethe cams using the line that is by itself. The lines that are connected are for timing the ignition with a timing light (which you shouldn't have to mess with at all).