HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz450fcranker

2009 Yz450f top speed

8 posts in this topic

my 2009 yz450f broke the 95 mph barrier today with 15/50 gearing was awesome anyone hit 100 and how?:bonk:

You know that speedo's are very optimistic . . . oh yeah a 450F doesn't have one.:thumbsup:

Well I always thought the 450's were geared on the tall side, that doesn't surprise me at all, breaking 100 with even taller gearing than stock.

FWIW I'm gearing mine down (I'm not concerned with top speed) to make 2nd gear more useful in tighter corners.

Uh why do you need to go that fast? I hit 70 on a powerline road where I could see a long ways ahead and that was dumb. and yess I have one of those it doesnt do much at that speed all it takes is 1/4"

i was clocked next to a car i hit 96.8mph so give or take 1 mph i have alot of front sprockets came with all the sprocket and chain sets so i tried 15 front with 50 rear hit 96 and wow dont need stabilizers just cant stay there for long a 15 second sprint and i let off it takes muscle to keep it straight just wanted to know how to hit 100 i bet if i had more power it would be 100 all the way just didnt hit the rev limiter too much drag