HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
powers450f

Just bought it and ***!

32 posts in this topic

Never even rode it or even started it and I noticed these two small dents in the exhaust , is this normal on a 2011 yz450f? I didn't notice at the dealer, what should I do?

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af184/mattpowers09/2011/SAM_1671.jpg

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af184/mattpowers09/2011/SAM_1670.jpg

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af184/mattpowers09/2011/SAM_1668.jpg

Oh god how will you continue on!?

Dude, its a dirtbike. Get over it. If you really haven't even started it, complain to the dealer or something. Or just go take it for a ride and never notice it again.

I didn't even think of that.. Duh some of my two stroke silencers were like that, it just looks so un- engineered.

Yup, they all have that, it is to clear the brake caliper. Most bikes have a dent in the stock silencer for this purpose.

Thats a good excuse to put a full FMF exhaust with megabomb to replace that dented pipe :thumbsup:

Are you a dealer? And if so whats the price on a full system?...

Thanks I was pissed that they wouldn't let me buy this bike in a crate. So this was just adding petrol to the fire for me. Thanks

wow! i looked at this expecting to see some crazy dent. this thing aint nothin, it will still run like a champ it does no harm at all

Yeah i know can't wait to beat the sh** out of this thing. We are in a blizzard here in Minnesota and were suppose to get like 10 inches with 50mph winds. I wanna move south!

Are you a dealer? And if so whats the price on a full system?...

Lol no I'm not a dealer, but a full FMF exhuast with Megabomb is pretty awesome. Its a 4 stroke though...so its going to be very expensive. You are looking somewhere in the neighborhood of $900+

i could be wrong but im pretty sure thats a factory dent.there was a thread in the yamaha 450 section were a guy was complaining about this also but everyone said that all yamahas comes with it

If you really care about it you can call up the dealer. I see were you you are comming from that you just got it and paid some serrious money for something that already has a dent, but its a dirt bike and its going to happen anyway. Go ride it and forget about it.

All the 2010/11 yz450f's have them, wasn't another thread on this posted like a day ago?:thumbsup:

im pretty sure its so when you bottom out the silencer dosent hit the rear brake caliper