Some advice on new bike

Hey folks, need advice on a wr450,found a new 09for 4999.00 at dealer here.I had a wr250 at a point in time,great bike however it just didn't havE as much power as I wanted SOME of the time,so? Is with it piped,jetted,and set up for me can it still putt around in the tight stuff like the 250 did or am I asking too much.I am in good shape but i am a average rider that likes the front off the ground some times,I did search but I need too make sure this tiMe as my wife is getting tired of rotating bikes.thanks for any advice Ed:thumbsup:

I'd say go for it mate, I'm not sure on the price for your location cause I'm in Australia, but I've got a wr450f and come off a yzf250

And the 450 can still putt round the woods and it's got the grunt when you need it.

Personally I wouldn't mind some more top speed but It's still a great bike ?

Yes, the wr can be pretty docile if you want it to be. It actually runs cooler once you jet it and put a pipe on it. The bike comes very lean from the factory in order to pass emissions. The bike can do anything really, its very capable in every situation. The 250 is a bit better in very tight stuff, but the 450 is not too far behind. If you want the power, you have to have the weight. That's the trade off.