09 yz450f clutch noise

As the bike is currently geared (13/48) it matches what I run on my '06 in desert races. I would think that something in the range of 13/49-51 would be more suitable for MX, but gearing is not a matter of matching the top speed to the track, it's about having "the right gear" in as many situations as possible. If you find yourself thinking you need a lower or higher gear for the approach to a particular jump at a particular track, but the next available gear in the trans is too big a correction, then you should try to change your gearing for that track. You also need to consider what the gearing change will do to or for the bike everywhere else on the course, too. Sometimes going lower to solve your problem with a jump approach creates trouble coming out of some other turns, whereas going higher still cures the jump problem, but leaves you with a better option elsewhere on the track.

Once you find the right setup for one track, you may also discover that it doesn't work at some other track, and you may have to use a couple of different setups depending on where you ride. Usually, the flexibility of the wide power curve of a big 4-stroke makes it so that an overall tallish gearing setup works well in a lot more places that it would with a 2-stroke.

But I don't recommend you go any smaller than 13 on the front. 12's wear too fast, and they're harder on chains and chain sliders, too.

Sweet man thanks for the info!!! I may look into going to a 51 rear sprocket.

Also I did hear this bike's bottom end can increase a good bit with an exhaust system. Or even a slip on. I'm not sure but. You may want to heLp me out.

Sweet man thanks for the info!!! I may look into going to a 51 rear sprocket.

Also I did hear this bike's bottom end can increase a good bit with an exhaust system. Or even a slip on. I'm not sure but. You may want to heLp me out.

I have an FMF, and so does a friend of mine. He got the slip on and really likes it over the stock. He says it's much better. My bike came with the exhaust, so I never rode it with the stock, so I don't know if it made a difference. I do know it sounds really cool!!

http://www.fmfracing.com/Products/MX/42

I think this is the one he has,, but we have 2008's not '09's.

Slip-ons will improve an '08-'09, true. But they still leave you with a header that is too large in diameter for optimum performance. A full system is the best bet if you can afford it.

Slip-ons will improve an '08-'09, true. But they still leave you with a header that is too large in diameter for optimum performance. A full system is the best bet if you can afford it.

Yeah thats what i was looking for is a full system. I know the slip ons add some decent power but i just would rather get the system.

Anyway, what are some good systems that add some good peformance?

I just dont want something thats going to cost a arm and a leg. And Im still paying the bike off too. I also work at the dealer too and get a discount but you know what i mean, some exhaust systems are so expensive.

I was looking at the fmf 4.1 system withthe megabomb header. Any good?? Dr.d? Any toher brands? two brothers, yoshi etc etc ??

I like the DRD I have, with the exception of the fact that the header interferes with the removal of the oil filter to the extent that you have to loosen it to get the filter out. Packing life is a little shorter than some, too, but you can get the SS system with a removable sparky for about $400. MRD will custom make you anything you want for the same kind of money. IMO, most of the full systems are close enough in performance on a stock or near stock bike that you should choose one that is rugged and a good value before anything else.

My Criteria:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7489676#post7489676

the 4.1 megabomb is real good and it comes with the new jets for the carb.

That's awesome info!! But yesterday I rode the rev li

Iteration once because it was muddy.

But I sometimes like flick the couch whenever going down a straight away and I sometimes here the rev limited for a split second wen I pull the clutch in to shift but I'm still on the gas. But I never ride the rev limiter, I rode in the top end yesterday but never hit the rev limiter. I just hear it when Im on a long straight or short straight and shifting quick.

Do you guys think my bike will be ok. The bike usually start hot like 1-6 kicks. Do you guys think it's time to check the valves since it's taking that many kicks o is that normal?