GYTR Flywheel weight install ?

Just got my GYTR Flywheel weight in, and was reading the instructions say to drain all the gas and remove the tank. It also says to unplug the CDI. Is all that necessary? I currently have a drained tank, and seen a video on YouTube where they just laid the bike an it's side, removed the cover, then the stock flywheel. After that just installed the new one, tighten it all up as per the manual, and off you go... is this not correct?

On my '06, I pretty much did what you just described:

Laid the bike over to rest on the handlebars, far enough that I felt any oil wouldn't run out.

Removed the ignition cover.

Removed the flywheel.

Pretty easy; no tank removal, or anything like that.....

Jimmie

Did you have to use Yamabond around where the ignition wire enters the case?

Did you have to use Yamabond around where the ignition wire enters the case?

I probably should've, but didn't. Ithink it's sorta "optional"..... The gasket alone seals good.....

Jimmie

Thanks guys. I already read that instructional thread, was just curious about the other stuff in the GYTR instructions. My bike has currently stored for the winter, hence the no gas in it. I'll just lay it on it's side, and go from there. Thanks again guys :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I already read that instructional thread, was just curious about the other stuff in the GYTR instructions. My bike has currently stored for the winter, hence the no gas in it. I'll just lay it on it's side, and go from there. Thanks again guys :bonk:

That "take the tank off" thing must be for liability purposes.

I'm putting one on my 450 this week, I have the oil drained out anyway so I won't even have to lean it over as far.:thumbsup:

On my '06, I pretty much did what you just described:

Laid the bike over to rest on the handlebars, far enough that I felt any oil wouldn't run out.

Removed the ignition cover.

Removed the flywheel.

Pretty easy; no tank removal, or anything like that.....

Jimmie

I did that also, but when I started up the bike it didn't run properly and would die when given gas. Do u know what the problem could be?