HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ill_caper

Carbon fiber for 03 Wr450f?

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone put carbon fiber skid plates/frame guards and fork/disc covers on the 03 wr450f? If so what type and where did you get them...Ive been looking all over for them and cant seem to find them. Thanks, Denis :)

I recommend the aluminum ones. I have not seen the carbon fiber units last. They crack and do not bend and then it is over. :)

Highly recomend E-LINE. Kevin Hines is great to deal with and his carbon goodies are top notch.He usually answers the phone when you call.

I have used carbon chain guides on my last three bikes with no issues. Takes a hit and bounces right back without bending or derailing the chain.I have used alumi skid plates up until the 450. I was tired of the weight and jagged dents and dings. So far the carbon job is taking the rocks and looks very trick. I also added the header guard to cover up that soft Ti.Anyway to each his own. But if you want carbon call E-LINE. :)

I have to agree with SMD about them being top notch. I have the skid plate I installed b-4 the first ride and its been bashed by some pretty large rocks and it still looks great ( not dents/no dings :D) It also offers protection coverage thats tough to beat :thumbsup:usa:thumbsup:. I enjoyed dealing with them and plan on purchasing their header guard also :). Hope this helps Denis!

Smoke :D