Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlueDragon

Could someone help a brother out

8 posts in this topic

Last weekend while riding my 02 WR426, I hit a tree root wrong and headed for a straight collision with a nearby tree. After impact, I stood up picked up my bike and noticed nothing was wrong :) Then after and hour of riding I sat down for a break and noticed my header wasn't in as good as shape as I thought :D I guess there was a broken stub of a branch that hit it and almost caved in the whole diameter. :D So my question to you all is Has anyone saved their stock header pipe that I can take off their hands? Please let me know.

Thanks

Get it repaired for about 50 bucks. Jonesy920 is doing this to his Ti header as we speak on his WR450. :)

Then after and hour of riding I sat down for a break and noticed my header wasn't in as good as shape as I thought

How in the world was the whole diameter (as you described) of your pipe caved in and you didnt notice? You said you rode for a hour before you noticed...

I would think you would have noticed right away. With the total loss of power and all.

Thanks E.G.O, dingy is a good word

MOmilkman, It was one of those situations where everyone is waiting ahead and I didn't want to do a full check-up.Just grab the bike and go. The power wasn't that bad although closed to 1/2 throttle was sluggish which got me to do a better check at my first break.

Thanks for the help,

:)