Glowing Red pipe

Alright guys amongst all the making fun of me an the said question i appreciate the honest answers. I had assumed it wasn't bad but wanted to see others opinions.

Yeah, people have a lot of fun with that one. It's become a kind of initiation thing.

You have Ti pipe with a wall thickness of about .035" carrying exhaust gases that can run over 1500 degrees with the choke on. Add in the aggressive cam timing, and there's a lot of heat in the pipe. Dull red visible at night under the sort of lights you find in the typical garage is about 750 degrees. Bright red under the same conditions is around 900. Stainless steels melt at about 2550, and Titanium at 3660, so there's quite a bit of room to spare.

I never worry about it. Mine does that all the time :thumbsup: :

rocket-cart_sm.jpg

They made fun of me when I asked the question.

It was your turn in the barrel for not doing a search first.

I was going to ask the same thing but I'm glad I searched first. Some ppl on here was saying the bike is running lean but i was thinking this is a new FI bike still stock, lol

Yeah, people have a lot of fun with that one. It's become a kind of initiation thing.

You have Ti pipe with a wall thickness of about .035" carrying exhaust gases that can run over 1500 degrees with the choke on. Add in the aggressive cam timing, and there's a lot of heat in the pipe. Dull red visible at night under the sort of lights you find in the typical garage is about 750 degrees. Bright red under the same conditions is around 900. Stainless steels melt at about 2550, and Titanium at 3660, so there's quite a bit of room to spare.

I never worry about it. Mine does that all the time :thumbsup: :

rocket-cart_sm.jpg

Ahh, that pic is funny every time :bonk:

Ahh, that pic is funny every time :thumbsup:

TT Trivia Quiz:

What was the member name of the person who first posted the Rocket Cart?

TT Trivia Quiz:

grayracer513

TT Trivia Quiz:

grayracer513

Nope. Not me.

you might want to check and make sure your not running to lean.

you might want to check and make sure your not skipping the first 2 pages, and the other 498734 threads asking this question:thumbsup:

Whereas you might want to read the first few posts...
...when i start the bike with the choke on and let it warm up the pipe gets super hot and starts glowing bright red,...

this is a vid i took of my bike totally normal and with Ti pipes it seems to glow sooner.

this is a vid i took of my bike totally normal and with Ti pipes it seems to glow sooner.

Choke.....:thumbsup:

TT Trivia Quiz:

Wrooster

Wrooster
:bonk::lol:WINNER!:p:ride: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
:bonk::lol:WINNER!:p:ride: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I found this really cool feature of the site, it's called "search". You wouldn't believe what kind of stuff you can dig up using that feature! :foul:

I found this really cool feature of the site, it's called "search". You wouldn't believe what kind of stuff you can dig up using that feature! :bonk:

Wow!!! :thumbsup: Would this "SEARCH" feature help me to find my tools from that one ride when the flap on my fanny pack came open, & left a trail of tools for miles around?

Jimmie

Wow!!! :thumbsup: Would this "SEARCH" feature help me to find my tools from that one ride when the flap on my fanny pack came open, & left a trail of tools for miles around?

Jimmie

Give it a whirl and let me know how it works out for you! :bonk:

you might want to check and make sure your not skipping the first 2 pages, and the other 498734 threads asking this question:thumbsup:

Bahaha-hahahahahahahaha...... BURN !!!

Seriously though, I have the same problem with my pipe... It glows red, I'm not sh*tting you.

... with Ti pipes it seems to glow sooner.

Ti pipes glow sooner and brighter only because they are almost always much thinner (.030-.040" vs. .060" or so for stainless). All metals glow with pretty much the same color and intensity at any give temperature, but with the Ti pipes, there is less metal to heat up, and a less efficient conductive path to the rest of the exhaust system to carry the heat away from the head area.