3am est anyone up??

I was up, then I wasn't and now am up again.

I went and took a nap in the truck. I'm back.

How's the weather in Alaska? I want to get out there one of these days. Is there anyway to get my bike out there. I was hoping to put a rod holder on it and go trolling along side the rivers for salmon.

It’s now 415am and I’m still kicking.

We had a heat wave here, I believe we may have reached as high as 40' this week, Snow is melting fast and I can see my yard again for the first time in months.

I’m going to ride up by the Knik Glacier Monday and Tuesday; you’re welcome to come along.

I don’t think putting rod holder on your bike for trolling is a good Idea, the fish here are a match for the WR and my just pull you both in. ?

Morning Mike.

Bill

------------------

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

Morning Bill,

Want to go to Alaska with me? It would be cool to find a trail and dirt road system to get us to Canada. Take a Month off and ride eh???

Mike,

It would have to be at least a month and the wife would have to come. I would love to do some fishing and she, just loves the outdoors.

Ward,

Thank Bryan, he's the man. He just let's me hang out here ? But your right, without TT some of us (read: me) would be lost. Instead I have a pretty good understanding of the blue beast.

Bill

------------------

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 04-13-2001).]

Hey guys,

A couple guys I know rode Dual Sport bike from PA to Alaska. This was a while ago so some of this stuff I may be making up, but I think they had to change their tires three times, no major break downs, if I remeber correctly they took 2 months and hit very little paved road.

Would be fun

Nick

You're right it would be a blast. Ward, I was up there a couple of years ago. Spent a week at Stephen lake. It's about 90 miles north of Anchorage in the Talkeetna range, fly-in only. We were lucky enough to see Denali a few times before the clouds covered it again. Also spent a week in Homer. Went Halibut fishing out of Ninilchick (Deep creek). What a blast. There is nothing like fly fishing at two in the morning for 24" rainbows and 14" arctic graylings. I could really learn to love to 24 hours of sunlight, but I couldn't handle the 24 hours of darkness. How do you cope with that? I know depression and alcoholism are big issues during the winter months. Our guide took us to a restaurant in Anchorage on our return trip, I can't remember the name but they had the best spicy buffalo wings I've ever had!

Mike

Hi Mike,

Ill bet the restaurant with the spicy buffalo wings you liked so much was located in downtown Anchorage and called Wings N Things, they do serve some great bird.

To answer you question, I cope with the long dark days (When not depressed or getting drunk ?) by going to Talkeetna for ice fishing, I Ski, surf the net and work. I’ve was raised here but never get use to the long cold winter season, we get our first snow in October and it stays till April. I really dislike winter but I make the most of it. Summers in Alaska with the Trout, grayling, King salmon, red salmon, silver salmon make up for the long winters.

You didn’t say how your luck was at Deep Creek, didn’t get a 300-pound + halibut?

------------------

Alaskan rider, '00 WR400FM, WR timing, air box lid removed,Throttle stop trimmed,Baffle removed, MSR skid plate, Works frame guards.

----------------------

'00 Grizzly YFM600

npuza

Since 1964 I have driven back and forth from the lower 48 to AK no less than 15 times, each time more of it had been paved and better maintained. The last time I drove it (1991) there was hardly any part of it left unpaved and the Canadian Hwy portion was a treat to drive on. Canadians maintain their side of the Alcan Hwy better than the U.S. and I love the way they put a slight bank on bends in the road. I have often thought of making the trip on a bike and will someday. Canadians and Alaskans are very friendly and you can see some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. If you all leave know you can go riding with me on May 15th. ?

------------------

Alaskan rider, '00 WR400FM, WR timing, air box lid removed,Throttle stop trimmed,Baffle removed, MSR skid plate, Works frame guards.

----------------------

'00 Grizzly YFM600

Ward,

The biggest halibut we caught was 130#. Not huge by Alaskan standards but pretty damn big most anywhere else! I think you're right about Wings & Things. How is the riding up there? I bet it's real good. Maybe we can schedule a TTalk dual-sport ride from the contiguous 48 and Canada up to your part of the world. We could combine trail riding with some WORLD class fishing!

Mike