HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ttr250dude

Powerbomb worth it?

7 posts in this topic

I think I've read that it's pretty hard to beat the stock header, performance wise. So would the Powerbomb really be a night and day difference?

I think I've read that it's pretty hard to beat the stock header, performance wise. So would the Powerbomb really be a night and day difference?

I would say no because I have one. But it helps quite things down a bit and it is an affordable replacement if you bang up the oem.

Stock header on what?

A PowerBomb will broaden the torque curve "some" without adding any power at peak. So, you might end up with 1 1/2 hp more at 5000 RPM, a half more at 10K, and the same or a half less at 8500. You have to decide for yourself if that's worth $200. On an '03, it was a nice addition, because it took away the spike the stock power curve had in it. On an '06, it won't do much.

Stock header on what?

I think an '08...if that is the case I'd go with a full exhaust system if you are looking for more power. header only won't make much difference..

I've got a 2008. All the exhaust is stock other than a Lexx endcap. I dont want to replace the muffler unless i can find one that is completely hidden behind the number plate like the stock one. Thats why i was asking about the header.

I have the FMF power bomb , carbon fiber muffler,blah,blah,blah. YES the system works! and very well, BUT is it worth $1000.00 NO!! It was on my bike when I bought it. I'd save the money and put it towards a new bike, 2010-11.

What you heard was it's hard to beat the stock header on a 2010-11 model. The '08-'09 model has a header that is too large in diameter to be optimal, and should be replaced. However, as DPW pointed out, the header alone will not make much difference if using the restrictive stock muffler.