HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
endurodog

Quite exhust

14 posts in this topic

Ok I had my first race this weekend that they made us be quite, Calamity Pass enduro in Colorado. So I used my VOR tip. It easily passed at a 94 and we were suppose to be at 99 for this race. But I was totally disappointed with the performance of the bike like this. A little more on bottom but the middle sucked and the top end was only slightly down.

So the question is has anyone compared the VOR tip to other systems? Is this the type of performance to be expected from all of the quite exhust systems? Thanks guys.

I rode Red Cone/Webster Pass this weekend with the PMB unit in and pulled it after about an hour. My buddy pulled his GYRT unit as well. There was a huge decrease at that altitude.

I may play more with the jetting and see if I can get it to run a little better.

Ok I had my first race this weekend that they made us be quite, Calamity Pass enduro in Colorado. So I used my VOR tip. It easily passed at a 94 and we were suppose to be at 99 for this race. But I was totally disappointed with the performance of the bike like this. A little more on bottom but the middle sucked and the top end was only slightly down.

So the question is has anyone compared the VOR tip to other systems? Is this the type of performance to be expected from all of the quite exhust systems? Thanks guys.

Rex,

Try the FMF Q. It's on your signature, so I assume you're getting some help.

Mine also resulted in a small increase in bottom and a slight loss in mid and top. But all in all, the performance is not bad.

Unfortunately, being quiet does have a bit of a trade-off, especially with these bikes. The saving grace is that everyone else is in the same boat.

Dan

If mounted right, I'm sure you'll be happy with it as quiet mufflers go.

BTW, was up at Kennedy Meadows this past weekend. It's about as close as SoCal gets to Colorado terrain. Ran into some horsemen. Despite some moderate friction in the past, we're all firmly on the same side of the land-use issue now. They are losing land just as we are, and are becoming pretty vocal about it. There were about a dozen of them, and about 10 of us. We were all on the same trail, stopped for a break, and had a very nice discussion. Wish we'd had a camera for posterity.

It was nice to see we aren't in this alone this time.

Dan

Dan, you went to KM and didn't invite me!?!?! :)

Oh man, the rejection. I don't know if I can take it. :D What have I done to deserve this? :D

I ran into a guy on horse back in Taylor Park last year. He had 4 dogs with him working his cattle, getting them up out of the bottoms because of the dry conditions. I talked with him for a 20 minutes. It was cool to talk with the guy and see him ride off with his 4 dogs running with him. The greenies are attempting to lock out all the users except hikers.

E-dog, Pro-Circuit has a new quiet pipe (996?). It looks likes the Ti-4 but meets 96dbs.. Now that I have a plate I think I'm gonna get one. :)

Paul,

I wasn't the tour leader. It was a Vipers play ride. Besides, last I heard your ribs and collarbone were not all in the right places. Otherwise, I certainly would have invited you. Are you all ready to rock again? I'm thinking Stoneyford early Oct or mid Nov.

Dan,

Don't tell me you're using that Pro Circuit stuff again???? Pure snake oil. Somehow, we gotta get you guys on the good stuff from Uncle Donnie at FMF. You up for the aforementioned Stoneyford ride???

Dan

Dan, I am pretty much all healed up. I haven't ridden off-road since the accident but have been riding my street bike alot. I will be off-roading this Saturday. I am planning a trip to KM sometime after the 20th of August. Brady said he wants to come. Would you be up for another trip up there? I'm pretty sure Josh, Brian and, Jesse will come as well. Did you re-jet your bike for that altitude? As I recall it is around 7-8k feet. Is that about right? Anyway, looking forward to hosting you guys at Stoneyford in October. Fryboy, I will let you know ahead of time so you can plan on coming up with us. Dan, as soon as you can let me know about when in October so I can reserve the camp ground. Whew! :) I'll talk to you guys off-line about all this.

Signing off for now,

Paul

Dan,

Don't tell me you're using that Pro Circuit stuff again???? Pure snake oil.

:D

FMF makes some great stuff..... Those PC's are bulletproof.... :)

Stonyford? Keep me posted, you never know..... I have my hands full with Best in the Desert..

Paul,

I'll email you asap. Weather-wise, which is better, early Oct or mid Nov?

Dan,

J/K about Pro Circuit. I rode with a guy that had one of those 996 units. Sounds very quiet. He didn't seem to be lacking for power. We'll keep you posted on dates. Hopefully no conflicts.

Dan