HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frdbronco8

front wheel

6 posts in this topic

Im sure this is here somewhere but I couldn't find it. I swapping 01 WR426 forks to my DR and wonder which wheel I need. I would like to keep my speedo but there are alot more yz wheels on ebay for cheaper. Can I buy a YZ wheel and a WR odo drive or will they not work together?

On that note anyone have a complete WR wheel and axle they want to sell?

I believe you need the WR wheel for the drive, I don't think the yz hub would have the lugs to turn the gear.

Ok thats what I was thinking. Thanks. Also can anyone tell me how the odo cable connects to the odo drive? Mine plugs into the hole and has a set screw.

Ok thats what I was thinking. Thanks. Also can anyone tell me how the odo cable connects to the odo drive? Mine plugs into the hole and has a set screw.

The drive cable itself is your basic run-of-the-mill square speedo cable. The casing screws onto the drive like a car's (only smaller)

Check this random link for a good pic of the drive, you can see the top is threaded:http://cgi.ebay.ca/05-WR250F-WR250-ODOMETER-DRIVE-18-/190416059004?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c55ae7a7c#ht_3596wt_905

Thats what I was afraid of, looks like a different mount style. Thanks for the info!

Looks like I might have to go the RM route

The WR hub is machined differently from a YZ hub to accept the odo drive. The WR hub also has a different sealing arrangement. So no, a YZ wheel will not fit the odo drive. The hubs are very similar and are interchangable if you get the right spacers and seals to eliminate the odometer.