HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jim-in-so-ore

Riding in Ketchum, Idaho

4 posts in this topic

I just got back from a week of riding in Ketchum, Idaho. It is about 15 miles or so from Sun Valley. Very, Very steep country with lots & lots of trails up canyons, down canyons, across ridge tops. Lots of single track and quite a bit of Quad type trails and a lot that is plain old 2-track. The country over there is STEEP and the single track trails are kind of narrow but it sure beat staying home when others rode.

I got the JD jetting kit just before the trip and used the red needle with the clip on the 4th position. The bike ran like a scalded dog even at 9000 feet elevation at about 85 degrees. That is except when I fell in a river crossing and filled everything up with water. It took about an hour to get everything dry and had no ill effects after. Being wet first thing in the A.M. keeps you cool most of the day.

All in all it was an enjoyable week but next year I'm going some place where the ground is a little flatter :)

Jim

Jim, I've road there several times this year. It is some beautiful country and can't wait to go back for more. The trails are very challenging.