Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spyr_409

Looking for rekluse clutch cable for z start perch adjuster

13 posts in this topic

got a good deal on a leftover z start and perch adjuster but i need the longer clutch cable. Is there anyone out there that might know where i can find one? ive got a 2009 yz 450 any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

rekluse wont have any for about 2 weeks so i was hoping someone on here might have one or might know a dealer who might have on in stock. thanks!

My Z-Start used the stock cable...I've had all versions of the Rekluse , and they all used the stock cable, when a cable was used...

My Z-Start used the stock cable...I've had all versions of the Rekluse , and they all used the stock cable, when a cable was used...
It does use the stock cable unless you use the perch adjuster i guess

I have the perch adjuster, and it uses the stock cable. I used the perch adjuster on my '04, transferred it to my '06, and now, I'm using the same adjuster on my 2010...they all use the stock cable .....

I have the perch adjuster, and it uses the stock cable. I used the perch adjuster on my '04, transferred it to my '06, and now, I'm using the same adjuster on my 2010...they all use the stock cable .....
how did you get it to fit? when everything is on the cable barely comes out of the adjuster cover is there a trick to it im just not figuring out? even rekluse said i need a different cable. Im not doubting you in any way if the stock cable will work i appreciate any help Edited by spyr_409

how did you get it to fit? when everything is on the cable barely comes out of the adjuster cover is there a trick to it im just not figuring out? even rekluse said i need a different cable. Im not doubting you in any way if the stock cable will work i appreciate any help
I don't recall exactly what I had to do...seems like it involved trimming a bit off of the OEM cable adjuster to get the free length of the cable to work. I believe I still have several sets of instructions which detailed what to do....

...seems like it involved trimming a bit off of the OEM cable adjuster to get the free length of the cable to work.
Yes, I believe that's it. Though, I didn't go with the perch adjuster. I threw caution to the wind and just removed the cable and lever. Worked like a charm.... :thumbsup:

I don't recall exactly what I had to do...seems like it involved trimming a bit off of the OEM cable adjuster to get the free length of the cable to work. I believe I still have several sets of instructions which detailed what to do....

Well let me know if you come up with some instructions on how to do it and thanks for your time.

Who would have thought to look there? :thumbsup::smirk:
i in the instruction i have which are those say i need a different cable.

i in the instruction i have which are those say i need a different cable.
Read the z-start manual, step 19....