Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cowboyona426

Clarke tank for the 2010-11 450

6 posts in this topic

Just saw this for the first time, and I have to say double U tee eff...

11614_MED.jpg

I realize it's hard to get extra capacity on this bike, but really this is the best they could come up with? I'm sure many riders would settle for less capacity (advertised at 3.5 gallons) to have a tank that's not so hideous. I know I would! The part where it goes OVER the upper shroud is what really gets me.

That looks horrible and what in the hell are the R&D guys thinking to even think this will fly?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=957006

So where are all of the ideas you fashion critics have for bumping up the capacity?

Son of a... I swear I did a search first :smirk:

If a 2010 happens to land in my garage I'll start spewing forth my ideas for added capacity that isn't ugly. IMS did a nice job with going bigger but not being hideous... why couldn't Clarke do the same?

Son of a... I swear I did a search first :smirk:

If a 2010 happens to land in my garage I'll start spewing forth my ideas for added capacity that isn't ugly. IMS did a nice job with going bigger but not being hideous... why couldn't Clarke do the same?

The interesting thing is that the post re:Clarke came up right away using "ims" as the only search parameter. :thumbsup:

The IMS isn't as ugly because it isn't as big.

The interesting thing is that the post re:Clarke came up right away using "ims" as the only search parameter. :thumbsup:

I used Clarke, not IMS. .. :smirk:

The IMS isn't as ugly because it isn't as big.

Understood. I would definitely sacrifice capacity over having to bolt that monstrosity onto my bike, even though I'm not so much of a fan of the IMS tank on my 06.