Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cid

WR426 coolent "boiling" or at least bubbleing really bad in overflow ?

8 posts in this topic

Quick question guys. I left my bike sitting at idle for about 25 min yesterday in about 100 Houston heat. Came back and shut it off, and I heard what sounded like boiling water. I look in the overflow container <to left of seat> and the coolent in there was bubbleing up really bad. I quickly pulled the seat and tank off and saw there was no coolent in the line, but there was like extreme air being blown into the coolent tank causing the coolent to bubble up. Once the bike was stopped, the bubbling stopped in a few seconds.

I think I might of had a kink in my coolent line, but I'm not sure. Has this happened to anyone? It's never happened to me before. Any advice?

I left my bike sitting at idle for about 25 min yesterday in about 100 Houston heat.

Thats a long time to let it sit. I think any bike would overheat if it sat that long with no air flow in 100deg weather :D

Kevin :)

These things don't have fans. The boil-off into the bottle is normal; letting it sit there and run for 25 minutes isn't. :)

Your bike was overheating, don't leave it at idle that long. My WR450 would do what yours did in about 5 minutes if I left mine at idle. Go ride...

I left my bike sitting at idle for about 25 min yesterday

Why would you leave a bike idles 25 min in 100 "houston" heat ? :)

Ok Ok I guess I should of mentioned WHY I let it idle that long. I just installed a Baja Designs duel sport kit and I was recharging the ni-cad battery. <Left the light on the night before>. Ok, thanks. I appreciated the replies, I won't do that again.

Unfortunately, the charging system doesn't put anything out at idle......gotta get her over about 2500rpm for sufficient current to recharge the battery.

Good grief! Ok thanks. I am a noob. lol. Glad I didn't blow it up letting it idle like that. Jesh, dummy :)