HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptainKnobby

06 450 and 2010 450 fork tube circumference?

7 posts in this topic

When I had my 06 450 I had a upper clamp by TAG Metals (Revolution clamp)

0000_Tag_Metals_Revolution_Triple_Clamp_Set.jpg

Now I just have the upper clamp and I took it off of my 06 and stored it away.

I was wondering if it would fit on my 2010 450? Is the Diameter of the outside of the fork tubes on the 2010 the same size as the 06?

I have been getting my 2010 ready for the first race next weekend and will be putting on front brakes tomorrow and a new front tire.

While I have the front tire off I thought I would try and see if the upper clamp would work. Just by looking at the clamp I dont see any reason why it shouldnt but thought I would ask before I removed the stock clamp thats on it now.

I would rather have the Bridge style handlebar mounts thats on the TAG clamps than the singal individual type thats on the stock clamps.

The TAG clamps also have the rubber cushions on the top and bottom of the bar risers.

When I had my 06 450 I had a upper clamp by TAG Metals (Revolution clamp)

I was wondering if it would fit on my 2010 450?

Doubt it. The '06 clamps don't fit '07-'09 either.

Won't work. The head tube was longer on the '06. They made subsequent head tubes shorter, by I think by about 4-8 millimeters. It was a Yami's effort to start getting the '06's handling problems under control.

Doubt it. The '06 clamps don't fit '07-'09 either.

according to the site where i got the pic of the clamp from states that it will fit a 06 to 08 model:excuseme:

Won't work. The head tube was longer on the '06. They made subsequent head tubes shorter, by I think by about 4-8 millimeters. It was a Yami's effort to start getting the '06's handling problems under control.

So I guess since the head tube on the 06 was longer, then the steering stem on the 2010 will be to short to make it up through the hole on the TAG clamp. "Right"?

If nothing else I will see if it will fit tomorrow and if it doesnt I will see if the rubber cones and Bridge style bar mounts will fit on the stck clamp.

Edited by CaptainKnobby

let us know what you find out...the frame handled like crap. i went to a different offset, albeit with "06 model aftermarkets. it helped, and they fit, since it was for the '06 model specifically.

let us know what you find out...the frame handled like crap. i went to a different offset, albeit with "06 model aftermarkets. it helped, and they fit, since it was for the '06 model specifically.

The TAG revolution upper clamp that I had for my 06 didnt fit on my 2010. The clamp swallowed my fork tubes when I set it on. The fork tubes were about a half inch smaller when inside the clamp. I never thought the fork tubes would have been that much smaller but they were.

Also the the steering stem head was to big to go up through the hole on the TAG clamp so there was no way this clamp was going to work.