Radiator shrouds?

I got a set of acerbis plastics for my 2011 four fitty despite 50/50 reviews on them, but it was a good deal so i figured wth.

My main problem lies with the lower shroud bolts not lining up, so i had to kinda tweak the lower part of the radiator rearward maybe a half inch or so, is this a problem? or going to cause any damage?

They molded ridges inside the radiator shrouds also touch the radiator a tad bit, any more problems with that?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the world of aftermarket parts!

...i had to kinda tweak the lower part of the radiator rearward maybe a half inch or so, is this a problem? or going to cause any damage?

I'd guess not. As long as there isn't additional stress on the rad and the rad is stable and isn't flexing when you're riding, it should be fine.

The molded ridges inside the radiator shrouds also touch the radiator a tad bit, any more problems with that?

It's not good when parts rub on each other. If you can't mod it, keep an eye on it. If you see that it's wearing the rad, take care of it sooner than later.

Thank you for the reply!

The oem radiator shrouds have to be pulled back a tiny amount as well, Just not the 1/2 or 3/4 inch i have to pull with the aftermarket shrouds.

It didn't seem like a great ammount of stress on the radiator, and i was hoping maybe once i get this bike warmed up, and rode for a little while the heat may somewhat flex the plastic into a more natural position.

As for the part that touches the radiator, it is odd, it seems like the ridges were made as a buffer against the radiator, after i cut them down a tad they still contact it. Ill definitely keep an eye on them tho.

Once again, thank you for helpin me out :thumbsup: