Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slowrider

Vibration

6 posts in this topic

Hello what an awesome site!! I am trying to get back into the world of dirt bikes after a five year break, so what do I do I go and buy the bad boy 426. I am not quite used to the vibration can someone give me some advise other than selling it. It fells like I am operating a 90lb jack hammer. Other then that I am having a blast on it. Oh yeah since I just moved to San Antonio from Montana anyone from texas have any good places to ride within a five hour drive.

Thanks guys

The stock bars transmit ALOT of vibration! You can switch to a pro taper style bar and this will help! You also can buy a rubber mounted triple clamp (never tried them but I heard that they work)

Also since it sounds like you are still breaking it in...the suspension is REALLY STIFF until it is cmpletely broken in (this normally takes 3 hard rides at an MX track) this could also be your vibration problem!

I live in the Houston area and there are tons of tracks around here! Im not sure how far you want to drive but if you want their phone #'s, info, etc let me know! Click HERE to goto a site for motocross tracks!

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

<font color="navy">First, ride a Honda CR500. Then come back and tell us how surprised you are that the 426 vibrates so little. :)

You could always drop the bucks for a rubbermounted triple clamp/handle bar. I don't really think vibration is that big of an issue with the 426.

But yea, you should probably start by switching to a different set of handle bars. Usually the stockers aren't too good anyways.

------------------

~~~~~YaMaHaFoUrTwOsIx~~~~~

[This message has been edited by teamtoxic (edited 04-15-2001).]

Okay, I’m ordinarily not a type A person but something about this “colored font” craze that Toxic started is bugging me.

You guys DON’T MATCH!

Garrett is using blue.

Toxic is using <font color="navy">navy.

But TTalk uses <font color="#000080">#000080

GET IT RIGHT!

<font color=”#000080”>Okay, I feel better now… :)

Now that I look at it though Toxic it looks like #000080 and Navy may be equivalent (on my monitor anyway).

BTW Toxic makes a good point, IMO the aluminum CRs and any two-stroke open bike vibrates way more than a YZF. Check your motor mounts.

[This message has been edited by Hick (edited 04-16-2001).]

LOL @ Hick...

I never have got to experiment with <font color="#000080">HTML on the Thumpertalk BB!! Let's see what it will let me do here...

<marquee behavior="alternate" scrollamount="20" scrolldelay="300"><font color="blue" size="6">YZ426F</marquee>

<hr>

<marquee> cool-logo02.jpg </marquee>

<hr>

<table>

<tr>

<th>YZ426F</th>

</tr>

</table>

<font face="old english text mt,arial">YZ426F

YZ<sup>426F</sup>

<strike>2 strokes suck!!!</strike>

G<font color="purple">ARR<font color="maroon">E<font color="aqua">T<font color="yellow">T

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

[This message has been edited by motoman393 (edited 04-16-2001).]