HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick

Motocross set-up tips

4 posts in this topic

I'm interested in trying my WR450 on the motocross track, no experience there yet, anybody have any tips or suggestions for set-up? :cool:Thanks!

The main thing is getting your suspension set up for it. I would suggest turning in your compression on the forks (Bottom screw) and on the shock (Top screw) 3 clicks to start with. Take it slow and see where your at from there.

And remove your kickstand!!! If that thing comes down on a jump you could be in the hospital real soon.

I cant tell you how many guys I have seen on the MX track with a kickstand. :)

And remove your kickstand!!! If that thing comes down on a jump you could be in the hospital real soon.

I just use tie wire for rebar on mine to hold it in place.

Then when I pull up to the truck I cut it with a pair of linesman pliers laying in back and put the kickstand down. When its time to ride again I tie it up again. Note, always make your twist to the inside 'cause the cut edge of the wire will rip your pants or scratch your boots if the bike goes down on your leg.

I think the most important thing to make your WR more MX friendly is stiffer fork springs or heavier fork oil and then the YZ seat/tank.

Although its only an Enduro the WR makes a fair MX bike.