HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rhysieboyy

re-birthing the wr426 with some mods.

5 posts in this topic

g'day fellas!well got a really big shock last night when i went to trade my wr in on a 07 yz250 and got offered 1500$AUD.and he said there was something wrong with my rear suspension as i didnt sag like it should.brought her home and stripped the rear end down and pulled the shock out found a seized bearings through out it.so thought rather then sell it i'll give here a make over with some news bits.

plans so far are:

-fmf muffler and pipe

-new headlight plastics

-new sprockets and chain

-fatbars and adapters

-barkbusters/handguards

-swingarm chain slider

-swing arm bearing kit

-stainless oil filter

-new bolts kit

-new tyres

i was kinda thinking with the fmf exhaust could i leave the stock header on and just run the muffler or change the whole thing?the 1 on now is caked in cooked mud and has been dodgily welded by the last owner.but was thinking sandblast and powdercoat it?any idea's

she has a touch under 3000km's so not gunna touch the engine for now just change the jets around to suit the fmf exhaust.

any other idea's or things i should replace let me know cos i wanna do it right the first time and not have to replace something else when im out riding.

cheers,

rhys.

Cool.

The stock headpipe should give you a little better bottom end, less so at the top. It kinda depends on how you ride on which is a better way to go.

He said he went to trade it ikon the YZ and they'd only give him $1500 AUD because of the issues with it so it sounds like he kept the 426 and now wants to redo it.

That's what I read at least.

He said he went to trade it ikon the YZ and they'd only give him $1500 AUD because of the issues with it so it sounds like he kept the 426 and now wants to redo it.

That's what I read at least.

Got it! Too early in the morning I guess :thumbsup: