re-birthing the wr426 with some mods.

g'day fellas!well got a really big shock last night when i went to trade my wr in on a 07 yz250 and got offered 1500$AUD.and he said there was something wrong with my rear suspension as i didnt sag like it should.brought her home and stripped the rear end down and pulled the shock out found a seized bearings through out it.so thought rather then sell it i'll give here a make over with some news bits.

plans so far are:

-fmf muffler and pipe

-new headlight plastics

-new sprockets and chain

-fatbars and adapters

-barkbusters/handguards

-swingarm chain slider

-swing arm bearing kit

-stainless oil filter

-new bolts kit

-new tyres

i was kinda thinking with the fmf exhaust could i leave the stock header on and just run the muffler or change the whole thing?the 1 on now is caked in cooked mud and has been dodgily welded by the last owner.but was thinking sandblast and powdercoat it?any idea's

she has a touch under 3000km's so not gunna touch the engine for now just change the jets around to suit the fmf exhaust.

any other idea's or things i should replace let me know cos i wanna do it right the first time and not have to replace something else when im out riding.

cheers,

rhys.

Cool.

The stock headpipe should give you a little better bottom end, less so at the top. It kinda depends on how you ride on which is a better way to go.

Title wr426 ..... subject yz250 .... mongo confused. :thumbsup:

He said he went to trade it ikon the YZ and they'd only give him $1500 AUD because of the issues with it so it sounds like he kept the 426 and now wants to redo it.

That's what I read at least.

He said he went to trade it ikon the YZ and they'd only give him $1500 AUD because of the issues with it so it sounds like he kept the 426 and now wants to redo it.

That's what I read at least.

Got it! Too early in the morning I guess :thumbsup: