HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
G-Man

20 in Tire Test tomorrow!!!

5 posts in this topic

Just put on the Gold 20 incher with a Dunlop 756 to go with my new spare rear Goldie with a 120x19 Dunlap 739. Talk about a lot of MEAT!! If I wash out with these baby's I'm doing something seriously wrong. :) I'm gambling a bit with this setup as a 110x19 is recommended for the 426. I just like having the extra large knobbies for wear and traction benefits. Dropped the fork tubes and they are flush with the triple clamps now.

Can't wait for tomorrow and Sunday will be at Canyon Raceway preparing for next weeks AZMXOT International double-header. Three 25 min. motos on Sat and two on Sunday!!!!

Ohhhhhhyeaaa!!!

G-Man

I demand photos of this set up!

------------------

SHN

99'YZ-400 (Mine)

00' TT-R 125 (Hers)

91' KX-125 (Son #1)

93' CR-80 (Just sold it. Looking for another TTR125 for Son #2)

99' PW-80 (Son #3)

I'll let you ride my '74 Suzuki 90 at Canyon tomorrow G and I'll ride your 20/19 426F and we'll compare notes. Now you'll know what I mean about getting a bike to stick in the turns!!!

Is the front 20" smaller in diameter than the 21"? I thought I read that you only needed to adjust the forks with the Bridgestone and that the Dunlop was the same size as a 21" tire?

------------------

MotoGreg - View?u=45608&a=1368437&p=45989044&Sequence=0

'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I never ride it so you should buy it...)

'99 YZ400F 'cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!

Originally posted by MotoGreg:

Is the front 20" smaller in diameter than the 21"? I thought I read that you only needed to adjust the forks with the Bridgestone and that the Dunlop was the same size as a 21" tire?

Yes side by side the 20" is still about a 1/4 smaller in OD. But you can divide that in half when it's mounted on the axle.

Test: 1st day was great as I did some high speed testing and dicing on a varied terrain moto track. Seemed to help most on the flat corners and is hard to tell in loamy berms.

2nd day on a totally unprepped hard as cement track, came up short on the first few laps and put a couple of small flatspots on my shiny new RIM!!!!! :D

With these conditions it turned out my forks were too stiff too, and it felt skitterish. My old 21" Michelin felt better. Softend the clickers 2 and this helped a bunch.

Not sure if it was the coditions or not, plus I'm thinking I picked the wrong tire, but I did not want the 739, so the jury is still out.

I will know a lot more after this weekend, with a prepped track.

Does anyone know if it's possible to take out flat spots other than the mallet method?

:)