Quiet Exhaust Pipe

Nice to ride the woods during hunting season and not get shot

Just don't wear buckskin colored riding gear and an antlers helmet..... :thumbsup:

Jimmie

I didn't notice any improvements over stock. Just quiet. Nice to ride the woods during hunting season and not get shot

Gotcha. Since I'm not looking for performance increase, I went ahead and installed it. I just wanna pass the sound test if I ever have to take one, and have a sparky so I don't get a ticket. Thanks, and sorry if I sort of highjacked this thread...

Can you post up a picture of your Q4 TT-AAAR? Is it the 426 model? I'm curious if it is the new design (actual Q4) or just a leftover 426 Q2 with a Q4 sticker on it.

Image quality isn't the best, but here's mine. I'm pretty sure its a new design. Has a 3mm allen bolt inside the exit hole, which allows the sparky to pull out. Hope this helps

photo.jpg

I do not recommend the FMF Q on that bike. I had one on mine and tried everything possible to make it run right. Huge power loss on my 426. I ended up with an FMF power bomb head pipe and the stock silencer with the pro moto end cap. I have the quiet insert which I run only when I have to. These bikes need to breath.

Brandon 01 YZ426F

Image quality isn't the best, but here's mine. I'm pretty sure its a new design. Has a 3mm allen bolt inside the exit hole, which allows the sparky to pull out. Hope this helps

photo.jpg

Oh ok I see you have a 450 not a 426. Whole different ball game. I know that 03+ 450s have the new design. That's what I put on my 426. I have heard that the Q4 for the 426 is actually a Q2 with new stickers.

I do not recommend the FMF Q on that bike. I had one on mine and tried everything possible to make it run right. Huge power loss on my 426. I ended up with an FMF power bomb head pipe and the stock silencer with the pro moto end cap. I have the quiet insert which I run only when I have to. These bikes need to breath.

Brandon 01 YZ426F

Yes probably a Q would do this but not a Q4. Q4 is a much better quality pipe and I didn't lose much performance at all if any going from a stock YZ muffler or a FMF Ti4 muffler when I changed over to a Q4

try a db dog insert they seem to help cheep and no power lose

For an aftermarket exhaust a db Dawg insert wouldn't be my first choice since most companies have their own quiet inserts that bolt in securely. db Dawg works best for OEM mufflers IMO.

For the lowest sound level FMF Q series are the quietest mufflers to my ear.

Diesel Goober-DrD also sells a high end Pro Pack kit that is both steel wool and long lasting packing for your DrD muffler. It would work well with their quiet insert that you posted a picture of. Knew they had one but hadn't seen it until your post. Let us know how this turns out if you can.

Hey, 92db!!!

Sadly, my Dr. D head pipe is now flatter than a day old beer. :thumbsup:

I managed to kinda land on another rider's bike/footpeg at an mx track practice a couple of weeks ago, taking out that pipe, my water pump's y-pipe, and other stuff..... :thumbsup: With money as it is, I'll be rockin' the stock pipe for awhile...... Dr. D does have a pipe repair service for their pipes, so that may save me a little $$$.....

Jimmie

I just put a Q4 and a Powerbomb on my '00 YZ426F. It's pleasantly quiet at idle and at low speed stuff, but has all the mid range snap and top end rush it ever had. There are a few pictures and a video at this link:

Threefer Madness