Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MxStyleZ

YZ426F 2001 carb problem!

8 posts in this topic

Hey guy i got a YZ426F 2001 and i ran into a problem with the carb, it is leaking from the fitting that does a 360 the fitting that you plug your tank ose to, just wondering if that thing has a seal or some sort of washer that i could replace so it stop leaking from where it connect to the carb.

Here is a pic of the fitting

carbd.jpg

The fitting has 3 O-rings on it that seal it to the body (#63 below). The PN is 3TJ-14564-40-00. The fitting is anchored by a screw under the fitting at about 4:00 o'clock in your picture (#62 below).

7090_carburetor.gif

The carb in the illustration is an '06 YZ450 because the parts book for the 426 never called out those O-rings as a serviceable part. They are the same, however.

The carb in the illustration is an '06 YZ450 because the parts book for the 426 never called out those O-rings as a serviceable part. They are the same, however.

Great man ill tell that to the guy at my yamaha store they didnt even knew it was servicable they told me it was pressed in lol.

Great man ill tell that to the guy at my yamaha store they didnt even knew it was servicable they told me it was pressed in lol.
Did you tell them you thought that the ability to swivel a pressed in fitting was a pretty cool feature?

Just give them the PN, or order them from TT OEM and don't worry about the guy behind the counter.

did you tell them you thought that the ability to swivel a pressed in fitting was a pretty cool feature?

Just give them the pn, or order them from tt oem and don't worry about the guy behind the counter.

lololol