HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BPH

Newbie Question - 2009 wr450f - AIS removal benefits / cons?

8 posts in this topic

I got the Dynojet kit and a GYTR fmf pipe for cheap on ebay. Do I need to get the removal / block off kit for the AIS???? Is the only con just "popping" on deceleration?:smirk:

...and the extra weight, clutter, and slightly hindered access to the stuff around it.

I have read that in California (where Im at) they check for these randomly at different riding spots..... My questions is, Is it possiable to just plug the hoses so it just doesn't function but passes visibly?? :smirk:

I have read that in California (where Im at) they check for these randomly at different riding spots..... My questions is, Is it possiable to just plug the hoses so it just doesn't function but passes visibly?? :smirk:

I removed the hose from the pump to the airbox, capped the airbox port and epoxied a cork in the pump hole. Where the metal tube connects near the exhaust port I made a solid gasket with no hole in it and re-installed it.

That works for me! I don't mind how it looks! Or the .5 pounds it will save me (i'll just eat one less cheese burger!!!) Thanks!

I got the Dynojet kit and a GYTR fmf pipe for cheap on ebay. Do I need to get the removal / block off kit for the AIS???? Is the only con just "popping" on deceleration?:smirk:

did you get the GYTR powerbomb headpipe or just the exhaust?

that's what I did. unless you remove the hoses and look inside, you'll never know the differance. BUT, you still need to install the AIS jets, needles, t-stop, etc in order for it to work. you can't just plug the hoses and ride. my AIS unit is just for looks now.

I removed mine completely and left the stock jetting. Left everything else (throttle stop, snorkel) and it runs very well. Some say that the jets that come with the kit jet the bike way too rich. I guess you will need to work out the jetting for yourself...