Clean my camel back? For What ?

I got a rideing buddy who got the camel back with the soon to be green hose connected to the mouth piece. Was doggin him about it and he said he could go 8 weeks without cleaning the poor bladder!!!! Anybody got a friend like that or am I just fortunate to ride with Mr. penicillen

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmmmmm......extra protein make rider go faster. Drink water from fish bowl even better. That's like my bud that stuffs his socks in his lid AFTER we ride all day. Forgot they were in there once and really paid for it on the next ride. He couldn't dip that stank helmet in the first creek we passed fast enough ?!

My cousin is the same way. One time at a race he pulled his Camelback bladder out after it sat in the garage for 2 months in extreme heat full of old gatorade.

When he got to the race he just dumped the old out and there was this thick looking layer of scum/mold/mildew/piss coated to the inside.

He just poured new gatorade in without so much as a thought to cleaning or rinsing it out. ?

When he got to the race he just dumped the old out and there was this thick looking layer of scum/mold/mildew/piss coated to the inside.

He just poured new gatorade in without so much as a thought to cleaning or rinsing it out. ?

barf.gif That is gross i clean mine alittle.I dump the water out and then set it in the sun to dry.Should i be doing more?

barf.gif That is gross i clean mine alittle.I dump the water out and then set it in the sun to dry.Should i be doing more?

Oh we gave him a lot of crap about that for a long time. I think it actually kind of offended him. But not as much as the camelback offened us! ?

I actually have a coathanger that I stretched long ways (metal) and I run it down the inside of the bladder and turn it sideways to hold the bladder open to air it out. Works perfectly. :D

I never put anything but water in mine. Just refil after your ride and put it in your garage beer fridge. It never has a chance to get warm and develope those nasty's. I just had a buddy get really sick after a ride and we're pretty sure it was from a festering camelback ?

Take a paper towel dowel, crush it the long way (if necessary) and push it into the fill hole. Take the bite-valve off the hose. This way the bladder keeps from collapsing and allows air to move through the hose and bladder. Keeps the funk factor way down.

-OSD

Yep. My buddy leaves his camelback of leftover Gatorade in the back of his truck until the next ride. Then he just adds more when we ride next.

Our last ride he was missing a few bolts on his bike as well. Here is a list:

No bolt from hand guard to triple clamp so his hand guard flopped all over the place.

Missing three bolts on his skid plate so it hung down...fortunately the bolts were on the aft so the plate didn't hang up on anything.

Missing two screws on radiator shrouds that he used to replace the two screws from his chain guard (at least he has his priorities correct).

Missing screws on chain slider, tried duct taping with no success (I could hear his chain slapping his swing arm over his exhaust note). At least we didn't get into any single track head on's because everyone could hear us coming.

He also had a bald rear tire and a rear brake that barely worked (needed to be bled and no pads left). JB Weld on his clutch cover...the list goes on. I can only laugh though because he still smokes me everywhere we ride.

We ran out of water toward the end of our ride and refilled our camelbacks from the creek...when we were done his just went into the back of the truck again. It has been in the 90's this week. I'll try to bring a petrie (sp?) dish next time we ride!

Filling the Camelback from a creek reminds me of a story which keeps me from drinking creek water.

A friend of mine was out in the woods doing some turkey hunting, it was a rather warm day and he'd done some walking and was thirsty. Eventually he came across this bubbling brook where he quickly knelt down and drank until he was content. No sooner did he finish and walk 20 feet up the creek and there lay a dead deer right in the middle of the creek. ?

A friend of mine was out in the woods doing some turkey hunting, it was a rather warm day and he'd done some walking and was thirsty. Eventually he came across this bubbling brook where he quickly knelt down and drank until he was content. No sooner did he finish and walk 20 feet up the creek and there lay a dead deer right in the middle of the creek. :D

Mmmmm, dead deer carcass water. Mmmmmmmmm ?