Can a wr426 be nade street legal in CA?

I am currently looking to buy a WR426 or 450 with a CA plate and keep seeing sellers saying they have a baja designs kit or that it is not currently street legal but can be made street legal. Is this true? I thought CA was no longer doing this? or is the seller misinformed or full of B.S..

Any info is greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

You cannot do this legally in CA anymore. If it was previously Ca plated, then you can renew registration.

Jesse

Ve have Vays :smirk:

Crooks is correct. However, there have been some internet reports that some of the smaller DMV offices will let bikes squeak through. A 426, if already plated should be no problem getting it renewed due to the years. However, a 450 could be very problematic. DMV is well known for yanking plates when you go into the transfer the ownership.

If the conversion was done after ~2/1/2004 it is "technically" not legal and "subject" to being pulled.....unless it was done as a special construction.

I bought a wr450f from a guy in san diego and it's street plated here. He said he just walked into the dmv and they gave him a plate. They came out and looked at the bike and that was it. Not sure if I really believe it but I have it titled in my name (street legal)now with no problem. I"m getting my gf's bike street legal ready now and i'm going try the same thing. we'll see.

why not keep this to the PMs :smirk:

Why do you suspect that this guy is a mole? Let's face it, nothing I posted can't be found in a search. :rant:

Why do you suspect that this guy is a mole? Let's face it, nothing I posted can't be found in a search. :smirk:

no one said he was and yes a search can be helpful BUT as it has already been stated, it illegal to plate a bike in ca....