HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
downin

09wr and 09yzf

8 posts in this topic

Id like to order a fmf jet kit off of motosport but they dont have one for the 08 and 09 yz450s. They do however offer one for the 09 wr450f. Does the wr and the yzf share the same carb?

Exact same kit for both bikes I believe, at least I KNOW it is for my 04 WR.

I'm not aware of any changes between them for 09.....but I can't say I really follow the YZ's either....

The instructions cover both bikes with the same kit in 04 though

NOT the same for the '09 WR and YZF's. The WR has a much different idle air circuit.

Yes, but that affects a JD Jet kit consisting of main jets, and needles?

I've never heard anything positive about FMF jet kits. If you're set on getting a "kit", you'd be better off with a JD.

Yes, but that affects a JD Jet kit consisting of main jets, and needles?

The carbs are different, and the kit is not listed to cross fit. But you do whatever you'd like.

Personally, I don't use jet kits by anyone. The bike tells me what it wants and I make the necessary adjustments.

I've never heard anything positive about FMF jet kits. If you're set on getting a "kit", you'd be better off with a JD.

Doh...I completely missed the FMF part right in front of my face and instantly thought JD kit......I have no idea about the FMF kits....