Everts...

OK,

Aluminium Frame?, 20in front wheel?, special rotors?,see anything else?

Just think about what it looks like.

A factory Euro YZ500 four stroke Orange 520 killer.

I'd like to have a ride of it!

'mmmm' heaps of bottom end?

[This message has been edited by YZR426 (edited 04-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by YZR426 (edited 04-06-2001).]

I am pleasantly surprised with Everts. Since he had two back-to-back injury ending seasons, I thought he would have a major mental barrior to overcome to ever be competitive again....especially against Smets. Whatever he's doing, must work for him. I'm not sure, but it appears that certain riders benefit from the 4-stroke machines. Smets dominated last year on that Husaberg. I'd like to see what Larocket would do on one.

But of course it would be nice to see Larocket switch over to the YZ426. He has definently been one of the best out there over the years. If Honda's new 4 banger lives up to the hype, I wouldn't want to see him out there racing that - it all goes back to the 95% rider and 5% bike ratio. Get him on the 426 and let him tear it up!!

I see a guy that is faster than I could ever dream of being!!

As far as the bike goes, I see alot of unobtainium!! Works forks, magnesium hubs, titanium bolts everywhere and lots more.

My bike could loose 20 lbs really easily if I could quit eating cheeseburgers and candy bars!!!!

The truth of the matter is, past practice with Yamaha has been that some of the things they experiment with in Europe never make it to the production line in Japan.

I guess I will simply need to go on a diet cause my wife would kill me if I spend enough $$$$$ to take 20 lbs off of the bike!!!

Enjoy, yzernie

Yeah, you better take the 20 pounds off your chassis, not the bikes. :D Instead of spending megabucks to save ounces, you can save money just by eating less.

Lose weight now, ask me how.

Dial 1-800-EAT-TOFU ?

I guess I will simply need to go on a diet cause my wife would kill me if I spend enough $$$$$ to take 20 lbs off of the bike!!![/b]

All I can say is:

I wish that I was over there and able to race you guys it sounds like a lot of fun!

Who is the fastest out of the local guys in your area yzernie?

If you quit eating junk food and do a couple of push ups each night you might scare yourself the next time you go riding.

?

------------------

Because golf courses can be MX tracks! :D

YZR426,

Scott F is a very talented rider. Scott is smooth and flawless on the track. When I am in top racing form, he and I are pretty even. Scott seems to do better on the more technical tracks and I like the faster tracks.

Scott and I have been racing against each other for many years. I know I can trust that he won't do me dirty, even though many times he could have!!! We are getting to old (40 something) to crash hard and get seriously hurt. It is fun to ride and race with him.

I almost went to Sydney a few years ago when the World Police/Fire Games were down under. It was to expensive to ship my bike and still have enough $$$$ for everything else. I later found out that we could have rented bikes ?.

The track I saw from the ad looked pretty loamy and fun. What are your tracks like there?? It looked more outdoors than what we have here in So. California.

Enjoy, yzernie

yzernie,

We have a few different types of soil over here, alot like you have over there.

Most of the MX tracks in Australia (East Coast,Sydney side)are made up of the same type of loamy dirt over hard pack that I saw at Glen Helen when I was there in '99.

The surface performs in pretty much the same way if it is kept moist it won't carve up quickly but if it's left it gets dusty and a little sandy after a while.

As for the degree of difficulty, most of the MX tracks have one or two SX style jumps on them now like your AMA MX.

So now we have Natural Terrain MX, which is becoming really popular now because you don't need SX skills and you know you'll be able to go to work on Monday!

With the Aussie dollar being so bad at the moment you could come over and do a 1 day or 15 day ride(The US dollar is worth $2 Australian)check them out: http://www.actionfactory.com/bike_ride_australia/ or http://www.highcountrymotorcycle.com.au/ or E-Mail these guys about there WR426's at capebikes@bigpond.com.au

They take you on rides like where Survivor was filmed.

YZR ?

------------------

[This message has been edited by YZR426 (edited 04-05-2001).]

Originally posted by Boit:

Smets dominated last year on that Husaberg. I'd like to see what Larocket would do on one.

On a Husaberg?

Last year (2000) Smets rode a orange colored bike (I don't have the guts to say the brand here :-) ).

By the way, the hydro clutch is a brembo that has a very special looking piece on the engine! Looks expensive, as the whole bike does.

Anyway, I went to the GP last weekend in The Netherlands to see Everts and Smets, the ar fast.....! Incredible!

There was a great difrence in riding style between those two. Everts rode VERRRYYY smooth and Smets more on his muscular strength, but Smets was (a lot) faster.

I enjoyed watching Everts during timepractice. The riding style of this guy is realy great. A pitty that the orange bike won (that he is riding a orange bike this year we DO agree on :-) ). Anyway, had a great weekend.

Marco.

Boit,

I feel that it would be better to take the Euro & US riders to a neutral style track and see what they can do?

Oh that's right they call that the MotoX Des Nations,maybe the USA can repeat their success this year?

If Everts,Bolley,Smets and the crew are all fit this year the USA will need RC to ride all 3 classes.

It's just my opinion ?

------------------