HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrisleika

yz400f or wr400f???

9 posts in this topic

Can i with engine or frame codes somehow find out what modeli have- yz or wr??? Previous owner said one thing, but reading obout specifications is another thing... Maybe anybody can help me???

Thanks

I have headlights, and all wireing for taillights and turn indicators... Also the rim is the

18", like on wr specifications, but in papers the bike is YZ400F...

Is there headlight for yz models???

There is my Yamaha :

I'd say a Wr400....I had one too and I striped it down to a YZ spec. Check the pigtail clip below the right side of the gas tank, if it has a 3 wires and one of them is grey.....it is a WR.

If you somehow determine it is a WR then clip the grey wire and tape it off to give YZ mapping along with retarding one tooth on the exhaust cam to give it some zing! The time mark on the cam should be at the 1 oclock position.

Also, a sure sign of a WR spec is mushy suspension if it was bone stock.

ok thanks or the help, when i will be home, i will check for the grey wire....

Once i tried to retard one tooth on exhaust cam, but after that bike didnt start with kickstarter, so i place cam on stock position...