KLX450 Shock/fork work

Local shop wants 100 bones for oil change in forks and 150 for rear.

What is the popular way to go in the forum. Buy the tools to do them myself or pay someone? ? $250 seems expensive and I would be bringing forks and shock to the shop.

Local shop wants 100 bones for oil change in forks and 150 for rear.

What is the popular way to go in the forum. Buy the tools to do them myself or pay someone? :rant: $250 seems expensive and I would be bringing forks and shock to the shop.

I've done enough fork work and it's for the most part easy as long as you have a schematic and/or shop manual. Just make sure to have the proper tools such as seal seaters for your size forks and the proper sockets and such. The tools will probably only cost about $80 and you'll have them forever ?

Wow $250? I just called my local shop for a quote for a complete fork job and rear spring/shock. They told me bring in the bike and they would have it back in two days with fork and rear shock/spring with race setup for $175! I wasn't going to do it but now it seems like a good deal.

Is that cost on the bike or off.

Im paying $115 for seal replacement (including seals) and they are swaping out my springs on my forks only. If your search youtube dual chamber fork seal replacement. Rocky Mountain Atv has a step by step video thats really good. But like previous post you will need some specific tools for the job.

That was off bike cost! Things are expensive here in Jax. Kind of a snootyville. Those prices were from little private shop too. Kawi dealer wants 150 per fork! 1 hour per fork at 150 an hour. Rear shock they didn't even have time to quote. Said thank you and ended call.

Have shop/service manual thanks to the forum and the owners manual goes way indepth. Going to buy the 80 bucks worth of tools and do it myself. Rocky mountain atv videos are pretty awesome. Going to buy the tools from them for sure. Great service everytime I call them.

Thanks for the push and advice.