Busted Header on '06 WR450

It's damaged beyond repair. Anyone have an oem header for sale? I can probably bend the midpipe back into shape but if you have an oem muffler laying around, I may be interested in that also.

It's damaged beyond repair. Anyone have an oem header for sale? I can probably bend the midpipe back into shape but if you have an oem muffler laying around, I may be interested in that also.

I might have one...let me check and Ill send you a PM

i'm looking for one myself. i bent mine for the second time. i am trying to decide witch one to get. i thought that getting an fmf mega bomb would be a good idea cause i can get it in titanium. stronger metal shouldn't bend as easy right?

i'm looking for one myself. i bent mine for the second time. i am trying to decide witch one to get. i thought that getting an fmf mega bomb would be a good idea cause i can get it in titanium. stronger metal shouldn't bend as easy right?

I think the main advantage with Ti is less weight. It is a stronger metal but I wouldn't be suprised if the wall thickness is thinner than oem. Ti is more brittle than steel, so it may not hold up as well to impacts.

Best thing for me is to quit running into trees.

Steel is actually stronger than titanium. Lower strength to weight, but stronger none-the-less. Ti pipes bend like tin foil when they get hot, not worth it IMO for the few ounces of weight savings.

Like Woods-rider said, Titanium headers bend extremely easy when hot. Maniac

I just sold a perfect one on eBay today.

You were (just) too late!

Greg

I think the main advantage with Ti is less weight. It is a stronger metal but I wouldn't be suprised if the wall thickness is thinner than oem. Ti is more brittle than steel, so it may not hold up as well to impacts.

Best thing for me is to quit running into trees.

I stick to stainless on the header for the above reasons, TI on the muffler.

Always plenty of oem stuff on fleabay if you are stuck for one

You can get the Megabomb in Stainless Steel as well (I have one for my 04).

As mentioned titanium actually bends easier then steel, and the stock header IS titanium already.

............, and the stock header IS titanium already.

Are you sure about that?

I guess I will just get what I can off ebay.

Yup, stockers are Titanium. Maniac