Do YZ450F parts fit a WR450F?

Got a few questions.... I did a search and really didnt find a definate answer.

Do "same year model" YZ450F parts/mods fit on a WR450?

Are both bikes alike except headlight, tail light, battery, electric start, etc...?

Example... If I want an exhaust system and they only show listing for YZ450 would it fit a WR450?

Steel frame year to steel frame year, pretty close for most things...but not across the board.

Yes, it will bolt straight on.

Been there, done that myself. ('08 WR450F)

Greg

Like Birdy426 said, steel frame YZ to steel frame WR, most things will fit. It all depends on what your talking about. There's small changes every couple of years that makes thing incompatable. Maniac

That's what I was wondering. I know the 2011s r gonna b different! Lol fuel injection

That's what I was wondering. I know the 2011s r gonna b different! Lol fuel injection

I've heard turbo-charging will be introduced too.

Greg

Yes, it will bolt straight on.

Been there, done that myself. ('08 WR450F)

Greg

X2, make sure to rejet accordingly. I Just put a stock 08' YZF exhaust on my 07' WRF. Replace complete exhaust though, not just the tailpipe. Bolts right on.

I've heard turbo-charging will be introduced too.

Greg

Why!? Wow... Gonna b a baby turbo lol! Actually that would b cool!

What about other body parts like wheels? I'm looking into finding a wr450f to make a supermoto, and all the supermoto kits I see online are usually listed as wr/yz/250/450. Does that mean things like wheels are all compatable between the two?? It would be great to be able to toss some used wr250x wheel on a 450f, or even just find some beat up yz450 wheels and steel the hubs and relace them to some new rims. I'm used to street bikes though and don't know too much about mx bikes to know what will work.