Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rc51parts

What Cams Are These (pics)?

7 posts in this topic

From a parts YZ450, not sure if they are stock or aftermarket.

No markings on them whatsoever.

Any (useful) help is sincerely appreciated.

Is there any way for me to tell if they are stock or aftermarket by measuring anything?

Ride safe!

P1030640.jpg

P1030639.jpg

P1030638.jpg

Look stock to me. Can't tell you what year they are though. Every year has slightly different specs, but you can't tell by just looking at them.

Ok, thanks. Do aftermarket cams usually have some sort of markings on them? Like the brand name? Or initials?

I'm thinking that hot cams must have had some initials on them? Or anyone else that makes cams for Yamahas.

Thanks!

Yes, aftermarket cams all have markings on them to tell what they are. Hotcams are normally black in color as well. Hotcams are normally marked with "HC: XX" (where the X's are the grind number that defines the cam). Web cams are reground stock cams, but they always have "Web XXXX" ground into them and they have degree markings on the cam sprockets.

These are my hot cams. My bike just so happens to be tore apart, :thumbsup: they are in a 06. And you are correct theyhave identifying markings. I have my stock ones in the hotcams box somewheres but just not sure where.

IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_6234.jpg

Yes, aftermarket cams all have markings on them to tell what they are. Hotcams are normally black in color as well. Hotcams are normally marked with "HC: XX" (where the X's are the grind number that defines the cam). Web cams are reground stock cams, but they always have "Web XXXX" ground into them and they have degree markings on the cam sprockets.

The new Hot Cams aren't BLACK anymore. The ones that I just recieved are the same color as the stock ones. But like you said above if they are aftermarket they will have the company name stamped in them somewhere.