HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yngsniper

New exhaust

10 posts in this topic

Just installed a LEXX MXe pipe on my 2009 Yamaha WR450F. I started the bike in the street and it sounded great but the header from the block turned bright red. I don't recall it changing color with the stock pipe. Just trying to find out if this is normal or not?

@yngsniper... How do you like the Lexx system? Does it have good sound/performance??

It looks nice and the price is good! I am looking for a good exhaust for my '09 WR450. Of course its probably not a Yoshi but who has 400-500 bucks to spend on a pipe these days... However I'm sure the market is so close and competitive that they are all very close in performance.

You must rejet especially with the new exhaust. Assuming you have all the free mods done, you then can jet the bike. If you want a great running bike and would rather not have the hassle of changing multiple jets to get it right go with the JD jet kit http://www.jdjetting.com/ follow the directions and you will be happy. I got it perfect the first time on my '07 while my '02 required just a change of the clip to get it right. I would also recommend the R&D flex jet http://www.r1dean.com/ this is the best fuel screw for the aluminum frame WR with little access. Do this and you will think you got a different bike.

I have the Lexx exhaust on my 07 wr450. Seems to be a little stronger in the low/mid rpms and a slight bit weaker in the high rpms (flat on top)

The sound with the spark arrestor installed was just barely louder than the stock exhaust with the pea shooter removed. Nice sound though without being too loud. I tried it without the screen and it is pretty darn loud, almost obnixous.

The fit and finish of the pipe is very good. This is my first aftermarket dirtbike exhaust. My prior experiences with aftermarket exhausts have all been for street bikes, Harleys and several sport bikes. I can definitely say the quality of the Lexx is spot on with $800 exhausts I have purchased.

@yngsniper... How do you like the Lexx system? Does it have good sound/performance??

It looks nice and the price is good! I am looking for a good exhaust for my '09 WR450. Of course its probably not a Yoshi but who has 400-500 bucks to spend on a pipe these days... However I'm sure the market is so close and competitive that they are all very close in performance.

I considered 2 options when going with another exhaust set up. Lexx, and stock yzf pipe. Both options are good when trying to go on the cheap. Lexx had alot of good reviews and guys here on TT seemed to have good luck with them. Can't go wrong for $199! I decided to go the YZF exhaust route on my 07 WR. Picked one up used from a guy on this site for $100 with pro moto billet spark arrestor/end cap. Both great ways to go when on a tight budget!

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

To the OP, like others have said, time to rejet. Lot's of guys here recommend the JD Jetting kit. Sounds like you're new to jetting so it might be the best way to go. The kit has great instructions and will make it much easier to get it right. I however, just got on the jetting database sticky and found a TT member who jetted with my similar temps, mods, and elevation, and went from there. A cheaper way to go.

downsize-1.jpg