Lower steering race?

I feel like an Idot! when i replaced the old steering bearings in my bike i took the old ones out and put the new ones in.

Thang is.....When I put the lower race in I pressed the race all the way up so I'm guessing this is right....Correct?

I forgot when I too the old one out if it was all the way up in the hole past flush.

If someone knows let me know so I can push it back down some. But I believe i have it right.

i just did mine and if i remember right the botttom one will go up past flush. remember to put the seal on before you put the bearing on the bottom too. they are a pain to get off without wrecking them.

You got it right! Bearing races always need to bottom against some type of edge or seat.

i just did mine and if i remember right the botttom one will go up past flush. remember to put the seal on before you put the bearing on the bottom too. they are a pain to get off without wrecking them.

Yeah!....I made sure i had the seal on before putting the bearing on.

I thought i was right but wanted to ask just so i didnt have to take the handlebars and the steering nut back off.

Thanks for letting me know :thumbsup:

You got it right! Bearing races always need to bottom against some type of edge or seat.

Thanks for letting me know! :thumbsup: