New to me WR450

Hey~

Just bought a slightly used 2009 WR450FY that has 93 miles on it. Looks brand new. It came with an aluminum skid plate and Moose Racing hand guards. I bought it for $5000, is that a good deal?

I'm excited to go ride as this is my first bike ever. I rode my friend's 2008 WR450 and loved it...that's what made me decide to get one too.

I just changed the oil, to be safe and did all the free mods listed on here other than re-jetting.

Should I have the AIS removed (I'm in Cali) or should I just plug it and leave it on?

Paul

Remove it if you want the de-clutter look and maybe a lb or 2 lighter. There is no peformance gain to be had.

Hey~

Just bought a slightly used 2009 WR450FY that has 93 miles on it. Looks brand new. It came with an aluminum skid plate and Moose Racing hand guards. I bought it for $5000, is that a good deal?

I'm excited to go ride as this is my first bike ever. I rode my friend's 2008 WR450 and loved it...that's what made me decide to get one too.

I just changed the oil, to be safe and did all the free mods listed on here other than re-jetting.

Should I have the AIS removed (I'm in Cali) or should I just plug it and leave it on?

Paul

congrats on the new Locamotive:thumbsup: i installed the kit but plugged all the hoses. so the in-the-know rangers can see my ais is complete and no mods, as long as they don't ask me to remove the hoses and take a peak. it LOOKS oem. i refuse to try and beat the system, maybe just confuse it a little.

Enjoy :thumbsup: