HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dodbertsch

SkiDoo
2006 Skidoo MXZ1000 Problems?

2 posts in this topic

I was thinking of buying a 2006 MXZ 1000 is there anything i should know, recalls, common problems stuff like that, is this a reliable sled?

I have no first hand experience with one to know, but I was looking at buying one earlier this winter, and in reading other forums I got scared away. It sounds like the electrical system has a lot of issues with bad grounding. There's several write-ups to be found of people detailing how to properly wire these sleds. The original fuel pump is prone to failure. Another common problem is the airbox inlet pulling in belt dust, and that rubber dust gets into the crank bearings.

I really wanted to like it, because it was super low mileage (600 miles) and was $5000 in Ft McMurray. I phoned the guy and it sounded like he had experienced all the problems I had read about on forums, so I decided to let it pass, and bought a Cat.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/5569744/Inconsistencies-of-the-2005-%E2%80%93-2007-Mach-Z

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Roostboy101
      Come on guys lets get this snowmobile forum rollin'!!! I ride in upstate PA and going to Maine this year.
    • By Johnyb
      I will be the first to post here. Bring on the deep POW!!
      Let's see those Ski Doo powder pics.

• By crf250riderz
      Hey i am looking for feedback ASAP. I am looking to buy a 2003 Rev 600 H.O with the beaver tail delete kit, 3" Risers, Mid height aftermarket windshield. The reverse does not work on it but he claims that if you clean the clutch on it it should work, 6900kms. I am fine with doing a top end after this season and know how much it is. How much is a new clutch just incase a the clutch is screwed. He will take $3,500 CAN there is sled around where i live that don't have problems for $5,300CAN. Worth the price or gamble?? would like to know the price on a clutch
      Thanks a lot and would appreciate some feedback thanks
    • By 99rmrider
      Hi i have a 1994 skidoo formula stx 583 and just had the top end rebuilt befor i got it last winter. I was riding doing about 50 km/h in a feild and it just started to bog out and then would never run right. When you start it up it runs exttremly rough on idle and pops alot out of the exhaust. It alsmost seems like the timing has gone but i dont know how that would happen. Changed the plugs, cleaned carbs its got spark. Can you guys please help me.
    • By crf250riderz
      I have heard lots of stories and don't know anything about sleds because i just bought my first HALF decent sled so i might as well ask here. i've got an 03 rev 600h.o.. I am wondering if an exhaust can is worth the money? does it make you motor run hotter or blow up? I am looking for a can that gives the nice bark only when i get the revs high or even half rpms any suggestions or experience? Brands?