426 Installed FWW and How to adjust a Rekluse

No worries. I don't care. I just wanted to leave some feedback for anyone that was on the fence about a fww.

I'm one that likes to have one bike that can "do it all", or at least come kinda close to being able to do that. I'm wondering if a guy uses a WR tranny with a FWW, is there really any need for a Rekluse then?

On the other hand, I wonder if using a WR tranny, the FWW, and a Rekluse would sorta reinvent the Tank? Hmmmm.... :thumbsup::lol:

Jimmie

I'm one that likes to have one bike that can "do it all", or at least come kinda close to being able to do that. I'm wondering if a guy uses a WR tranny with a FWW, is there really any need for a Rekluse then?

On the other hand, I wonder if using a WR tranny, the FWW, and a Rekluse would sorta reinvent the Tank? Hmmmm.... :thumbsup::lol:

Jimmie

I tell you, I've been riding dirt bikes for almost 20 years, most of those years doing trail riding.

I rode my bike for the first time this past weekend with the Rekluse and I don't ever want to ride it without the auto clutch again!!

The 2010 is a finicky sucker for sure - flame-outs turned me into a cussing fool for the last few months. My 2010 always died at the most inopportune time - not any longer. No more burning up my clutch doing everything I can to make this thing stay running in the slow, technical stuff. The Rekluse does it better than I ever could...

I tell you, I've been riding dirt bikes for almost 20 years, most of those years doing trail riding.

I rode my bike for the first time this past weekend with the Rekluse and I don't ever want to ride it without the auto clutch again!!

The 2010 is a finicky sucker for sure - flame-outs turned me into a cussing fool for the last few months. My 2010 always died at the most inopportune time - not any longer. No more burning up my clutch doing everything I can to make this thing stay running in the slow, technical stuff. The Rekluse does it better than I ever could...

What took you so long? LOL. Been running a Rekluse since 04.

What rekluse with what setup?

What rekluse with what setup?

2010 YZ450F - MRD Exhaust - 12t front sprocket - stock map

Z-Start Pro: started with the medium/soft setting (24 balls)

It was dying on me (acceleration stall) when I did my break-in and test ride. Any decent amount of throttle from standing still or barely moving would stall it. A quick blip of the throttle at very low speed would stall it.

I called Rekluse and they suggested turning up the idle. I turned it up one click at a time and reached a point where stalls are almost non-existent. As I said above, I rode 120+ miles at Talimena (extremely rocky, frequently very tight, lots of climbs, etc) and only stalled 4 times all weekend. Two were within 10 feet of one another on a stair-step uphill climb (had to stop for the guy in front of me and then stalled while I was barely moving and hitting the stair-steps).

I don't know the exact idle rpm yet - need to install the hour meter/tach I bought so I can check it. Don't have a tuner yet...

After turning up the idle, the bike is pulling pretty hard against the clutch when standing still - too hard. Also, it tends to 'freewheel' a lot when I let off of the throttle. The Rekluse guy said I should try the 'high/soft' setting. I think that's appropriate - it means the clutch would engage at a higher rpm, meaning it wouldn't tug so hard at a stand-still and it should give me back the much needed engine braking, right?

Regarding checking the gap: I can't even get the 'no-go' feelers between the outer edge of the plates (much less between the actual pad) as it describes in the instructions. I do have a little freeplay with the first plate, but the feelers won't go in. I assumed this was ok, considering the 'no-go' nature of the gauges.

And I cannot brake stall it. I tried locking up the rear tire at all rpms in all conditions and it never once came close to stalling.

Wow. I wrote a novel. Sorry - lots to discuss. This is my first experience with an auto clutch.

thanks for the info. That sounds like about where im at: high/soft and have been turning the idle up little by little. As soon as some of this snow melts I'll try it out. I actually have my idle at 2200 now at 160 degrees so I'm hoping thats good enough.

I have a crf 250x with a rekluse pro... I just don't understand the problem... No matter what gear I'm in when I come to a complete stop the bike will idle for a quick minute then stall....

Went riding with my wife today and every time I stopped the darn thing would stall, kinda took all the fun out of the ride...

I thought it might be the jetting, took it to the shop, they kept if for a few days charged an arm and a leg, said nothing was wrong... I think the bike sounds like crap. Once warm if you blip the throttle it dies....you can hear a tick,tick, tick when it does idle. Had the valves adjusted twice, one said to tight the other said they were fine.....

My wife's bike doesn't sound like that

I have a crf 250x ...
Which means that your post is in the wrong forum.

Since we are on the subjects of Flywheels, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a rotor/flywheel puller for a 2011 YZ450F? Thanks ahead of time

The 2011 uses the same puller that the '06 YZ450 does. Any good Honda shop will have one (it's the same for the '02-'08 CRF450)