HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jameswill4

building a bathroom in enclosed trailer

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have been searching through alot of the TT conversion sections and cant find anything specific on bathroom construction. I just ordered a 7 x 16 enclosed trailer with 6ft 8 in ceiling ht. I am looking to build a small bathroom and shower in it for the wife and my boys for race weekends. We will be using a airmattress for sleeping for now. Are there any detailed threads on the construction of a bathrrom, or a materials list or any ideas. I was planning on just 1 black water tank to let the shower drain into it as well. Any suggestions??? What about the bare plywood fllor, what do you guys reccommend paint or ??????

I am thinking about building my own Toyhauler starting from an enclosed cargo trailer. Best site that I have found so far is: www.mikenchell.com/forums/. Go down and find the thread titled "cargo trailer conversions". Capt D.

Another site I could spends days looking threw.

I have a small space in my box van that I am thinking about putting a bathroom in. For now just going to put in a portable toilet but might upgrade to a shower later. I looked into the shower walls from Home Depot / Lower but it would run $1000

With some small wood working skills, it is easy to do.

I built a full bathroom in a box van I had.

For a small space, I would use a combo bath and shower set up. They use these in horse trailers.

baths_14.jpg

I built one in my last enclosed trailer and although its not rocket science it takes some planning. You have to install tanks, a 12 volt pump, a water heater and the enclosure. I used a 10 gallon 110 volt heater and powered it with a portable generator. Its cheap and easy and the heater cycles very quickly. I got a complete shower from Lowes as an enclosure. On demand 12 volt pumps are easy to get and install. I also installed a city water hookup for the times water was available at campsights. I did not install grey water catch tanks.

When I built my box van I decided against a shower. I did not want the extra work or the room taken up and dealing with a water system was not that much fun. Franky I don't miss it.

For water heaters .... have you checked out the tankless shower head water heaters? My wife has been planning a camping shower and they make some pretty sweet set ups now in both 120 & gas. Check out www.gotankless.com

My box van already has a water tank & 12 v pump....just no bathroom but I am re arranging to make a larger sleeping area and have a small space for one in front of these cabinets.

cabinets2.jpg

Nice looking cabinets, where did you find those? It looks like they have the push-button type quick release latches, are they aluminum moduline type units?

For water heaters .... have you checked out the tankless shower head water heaters? My wife has been planning a camping shower and they make some pretty sweet set ups now in both 120 & gas. Check out www.gotankless.com

My box van already has a water tank & 12 v pump....just no bathroom but I am re arranging to make a larger sleeping area and have a small space for one in front of these cabinets.

cabinets2.jpg