building a bathroom in enclosed trailer

Hey guys I have been searching through alot of the TT conversion sections and cant find anything specific on bathroom construction. I just ordered a 7 x 16 enclosed trailer with 6ft 8 in ceiling ht. I am looking to build a small bathroom and shower in it for the wife and my boys for race weekends. We will be using a airmattress for sleeping for now. Are there any detailed threads on the construction of a bathrrom, or a materials list or any ideas. I was planning on just 1 black water tank to let the shower drain into it as well. Any suggestions??? What about the bare plywood fllor, what do you guys reccommend paint or ??????

I am thinking about building my own Toyhauler starting from an enclosed cargo trailer. Best site that I have found so far is: www.mikenchell.com/forums/. Go down and find the thread titled "cargo trailer conversions". Capt D.

Another site I could spends days looking threw.

I have a small space in my box van that I am thinking about putting a bathroom in. For now just going to put in a portable toilet but might upgrade to a shower later. I looked into the shower walls from Home Depot / Lower but it would run $1000

With some small wood working skills, it is easy to do.

I built a full bathroom in a box van I had.

For a small space, I would use a combo bath and shower set up. They use these in horse trailers.

baths_14.jpg

I built one in my last enclosed trailer and although its not rocket science it takes some planning. You have to install tanks, a 12 volt pump, a water heater and the enclosure. I used a 10 gallon 110 volt heater and powered it with a portable generator. Its cheap and easy and the heater cycles very quickly. I got a complete shower from Lowes as an enclosure. On demand 12 volt pumps are easy to get and install. I also installed a city water hookup for the times water was available at campsights. I did not install grey water catch tanks.

When I built my box van I decided against a shower. I did not want the extra work or the room taken up and dealing with a water system was not that much fun. Franky I don't miss it.

For water heaters .... have you checked out the tankless shower head water heaters? My wife has been planning a camping shower and they make some pretty sweet set ups now in both 120 & gas. Check out www.gotankless.com

My box van already has a water tank & 12 v pump....just no bathroom but I am re arranging to make a larger sleeping area and have a small space for one in front of these cabinets.

cabinets2.jpg

Nice looking cabinets, where did you find those? It looks like they have the push-button type quick release latches, are they aluminum moduline type units?

For water heaters .... have you checked out the tankless shower head water heaters? My wife has been planning a camping shower and they make some pretty sweet set ups now in both 120 & gas. Check out www.gotankless.com

My box van already has a water tank & 12 v pump....just no bathroom but I am re arranging to make a larger sleeping area and have a small space for one in front of these cabinets.

cabinets2.jpg

Thanks .... the cabinets are aluminum and came with the box van when I bought it.

BVwithMHlogo001.jpg

cabinets.jpg