HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foxracr767

Do you need to remap with a full system?

5 posts in this topic

I am sure this has been asked before but was unable to find the thread:bonk:. I recently got a Dr D full system for my 2010 yz450 and am wondering if the FI will compensate for it or do I need to remap before using the exhaust. Thanks for the info.

I am sure this has been asked before but was unable to find the thread:bonk:. I recently got a Dr D full system for my 2010 yz450 and am wondering if the FI will compensate for it or do I need to remap before using the exhaust. Thanks for the info.

Not necessary, but could help if you tinkered with it. Dubach himself uses the stock map. Who knows if his pipe is off the shelf Dr.D or not.

I like messing with mine for all different tracks and can't wait to install an exhaust, some of my maps are on the rich side and I know with exhaust and airbox mods they'll be good.

The EFI will not compensate for anything but the changing exhaust and other mods will not effect a/f ratio as much as a carbed bike. With stock map it will run fine however you may find a better performance gain with different settings.

Thanks guys. makes sense. the programmer is next on the list of goodies but got a good deal on the pipe so couldn't pass it up.

The EFI will not compensate for anything but the changing exhaust and other mods will not effect a/f ratio as much as a carbed bike. With stock map it will run fine however you may find a better performance gain with different settings.

100% right.

Once you start changing how the bike breathes, re-mapping is necessary.

The good news is, the bike is rich out of the factory for sure when you compare a tuned map to stock. Leaned out pretty much across the board when you look at a tuned map.

Point being, if you don't know how to tune or don't know what you're doing, putting on a full system will have the bike running better throughout the power band, without a tune.

Stock, modded, etc, whatever your bike's condition is in you should have it re-mapped if you want the best performance, cause the stock map is not very good at all.