is this header normal

I am wondering if you guys have a header that looks like this? It may be normal and is just the pipe being bent from the factory. take a look if you would. thx

953495865_photobucket_8492_.jpg

953495865_photobucket_8491_.jpg

No, that header is bent.

you think it will affect the performance?

It looks bent but I doubt it will make any difference.

looks bent to me

well i was installing my Q4 today and noticed it for the first time. just a quick question powerbomb vs megabomb SS. worth the extra price?

well i was installing my Q4 today and noticed it for the first time. just a quick question powerbomb vs megabomb SS. worth the extra price?

I don't have any experience with the Powerbomb but the Megabomb works great on my bike.

It looks bent but I doubt it will make any difference.

Bent headers make a difference. Some may not feel, but I know I can. Especially with overall revs, and the time it takes to rev out.

well i went and bought a head pipe. my question now is I already siliconed the can to the stock header. Is that going to be hard to break apart or clean up for my new megabomb in the mail?

well i went and bought a head pipe. my question now is I already siliconed the can to the stock header. Is that going to be hard to break apart or clean up for my new megabomb in the mail?

No it won't be to big of a deal, but you need to pull your carb and write down your jet #'s and then cross check them to the reccomended sizes from FMF to ensure optimum carburation............at least that is what I have experienced.

hey thanks! i just looked up the fmf site and it doesnt list a 450. maybe ill give them a call

No it won't be to big of a deal, but you need to pull your carb and write down your jet #'s and then cross check them to the reccomended sizes from FMF to ensure optimum carburation............at least that is what I have experienced.

Assuming that your jetting is good now, you shouldn't need to change jetting just for a headpipe. If you do feel the need to re-jet, I would refer to the jetting database sticky here rather than go by FMF's recommendation.