HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
humpness

is this header normal

12 posts in this topic

I am wondering if you guys have a header that looks like this? It may be normal and is just the pipe being bent from the factory. take a look if you would. thx

953495865_photobucket_8492_.jpg

953495865_photobucket_8491_.jpg

well i was installing my Q4 today and noticed it for the first time. just a quick question powerbomb vs megabomb SS. worth the extra price?

well i was installing my Q4 today and noticed it for the first time. just a quick question powerbomb vs megabomb SS. worth the extra price?

I don't have any experience with the Powerbomb but the Megabomb works great on my bike.

It looks bent but I doubt it will make any difference.

Bent headers make a difference. Some may not feel, but I know I can. Especially with overall revs, and the time it takes to rev out.

well i went and bought a head pipe. my question now is I already siliconed the can to the stock header. Is that going to be hard to break apart or clean up for my new megabomb in the mail?

well i went and bought a head pipe. my question now is I already siliconed the can to the stock header. Is that going to be hard to break apart or clean up for my new megabomb in the mail?

No it won't be to big of a deal, but you need to pull your carb and write down your jet #'s and then cross check them to the reccomended sizes from FMF to ensure optimum carburation............at least that is what I have experienced.

No it won't be to big of a deal, but you need to pull your carb and write down your jet #'s and then cross check them to the reccomended sizes from FMF to ensure optimum carburation............at least that is what I have experienced.

Assuming that your jetting is good now, you shouldn't need to change jetting just for a headpipe. If you do feel the need to re-jet, I would refer to the jetting database sticky here rather than go by FMF's recommendation.