torque specs for cam cap bolts

I looking for the proper torque specs for 08 yz450 cam cap bolts. I have a pdf manual and it says 7.2 ft lbs. seems to light any help would be appreciated

I looking for the proper torque specs for 08 yz450 cam cap bolts. I have a pdf manual and it says 7.2 ft lbs. seems to light any help would be appreciated

That is correct! 7.2 lbs. anymore ant you'll strip threads.

I got lazy and did it by feel... Surprisingly 4 hours ride time later and no leaks :thumbsup:

?? Leaks ?? What would leak? These are one of the few things I actually use a torques wrench on. Too easy to over torque.

cam cover caps = under the "head cap"....2 different caps are being talked about

brentn I think you mean the valve cover

The manual calls for 86 in/lb (7.2 ft/lb) with oiled threads. IMO, this is excessive, and I use 75 in/lb (6.2 ft/lb) on every YZF I work on. Do what you want.

Equally as important is first to NEVER pull the cap down to a seated position with the bolts. Always fully seat the cap by pushing it down with your fingers, or at most, tapping lightly with a screwdriver handle or light mallet. Secondly, torque the bolts evenly in three steps to the full torque value, following the pattern in the manual.

stupid question but how do you post a new thread? got questions and need answers please help.....

Go to the forum index and click the New Thread button or Thread Tools.

and where is the forum index? i cant seen to find it... thanks

You delete them: edit; delete; check "delete message"; delete this message.

didn't kno i could, thx