2010/11 twin air filter box!

Just heard about this in dirt bike magazine, looked pretty neat when I read the small blurb about it in the back of the magazine.

On twin air's store you can find it, but not on their main website for some reason... Looks really cool, but IMO the filter is very narrow and doesn't look like it provides much more surface area for air flow than stock, or a stock box with a DT1 filter cage... What do you guys think?

249$ too... the orange plastic looks like that flexible type that you make a kids toy lunchbox out of.... Or the see-thru plastic pieces in lego ?

twin.jpg

On another note looks like there are air holes on the underside, worst place IMO for mud to get in there and water for us trail riders...

Would love to see some flow bench or dyno data on this part!

Wunder what eddie thinks?

Edited by brentn

interesting.....not sure what to think of it. I don't see any holes underneath though but I could be missing it.

I don't know if its any more surface area or not but twin air has always advertised that their filters are smaller to create more dead space in the air box which supposedly increases air velocity ?

wish there was more info

wish there was a review.

In the magazine article they show the backside and as I'm looking at it now there are more holes that are covered. You can remove the cover via 3m velcro strips all around the rear of the box.

Seriously, I wanted this as soon as I saw it and of course always jump the gun on crap... Looking at it now, it looks like something very very simple in design and cheaply built, very cheaply built. You'd think with that price you would would get a more sturdy ABS plastic and maybe an aluminum filter cone instead of plastic.... And maybe something better to cover the holes on the rear than just shitty plastic and 3m velcro holding it on...

Me is thinking that an aggressive airbox mod with the DT1 filter would be a better setup :shrugs:

Like I said, wish there was a review.

They tested it in the Feburary issue of MXA. They said that it has 97% more surface area than the stock filter, last longer before needing to be cleaned and is slightly louder than stock. They said the real benefits of the kit was when a pipe was added or the engine was modified. They gave it 4 stars.

• 1 month later...
They tested it in the Feburary issue of MXA. They said that it has 97% more surface area than the stock filter, last longer before needing to be cleaned and is slightly louder than stock. They said the real benefits of the kit was when a pipe was added or the engine was modified. They gave it 4 stars.

Do you have a link to this review online? For the life of me I can't find it on their website.

Yea, that would be the true test. Going to try and find that article, see if I can post it up.

*edit* Here it is;

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg

mag3.jpg

They are sideways but you can save the images, open them with MS PAINT and then rotate them if you can't read it this way.