HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bart9505

extra bar clamps,longer bolts?

4 posts in this topic

I've seen posts about raising the bars by turning the upper bar clamps over, getting a second set and some longer bolts. I like the idea, but where do I get longer bolts and just the upper clamp set?

------------------

'01 426 with yz stop and baffle removed. No other mods yet.

I got mine at a local hardware store that has an extensive selection of metric fasteners. If my recollection is correct, I bought 50 mm, flanged, shouldered bolts. If you get them too long, you'll have to cut them down to size. The only thing I don't like about them is that they take a 13 mm wrench. I salvaged the upper clamps from a triple clamp I took off an XR250. A cycle salvage yard should have something like that.

[This message has been edited by Rich in Orlando (edited 04-16-2001).]

I was thinking about this today.... as I need to lower my front end to match the amount I lowered the rear (just to reach the floor)..... did a motocross meet today and the bike handled badly through loose dirt... I was having a pig of a time. I put it down to the difference it's made to the rake angle.

A guy at the meet had pro taper bars fitted to the standard yoke, there was a spacer which had a cemi circle machined into it so as it mated perfectly with the standard yoke clamp, and the larger dia for the pro tapers was machined into the spacer further up. I was wonering if spacers like this were available for standard bar dia.... would allow me to drop the forks just that bit more to suit the rear...... Anybody??