Shifter Rubbing Crank Case Cover

(07 450 like new) My shifter is slightly rubbing my crank case cover ever more and I am thinking of taking the shifter off and bending it out a little. Anyone done this with or without problems? The clearance is too tight but I nudge it over with my boot when I am shifting fast.

If it was mine I'd go ahead and bend it out. Shouldn't hurt anything.

Go for it. Bend it in a vise, not on the bike.

Well it's aluminum and it won't bend that easy. You can try some heat, but if you really want to change how close it is, I would recomend getting an aftermarket steel one, and bending that.

We have 07 wr450s,problem when the shifter gets bent on the trail.You cant bend it back on trail side.At your house no problem in Vise.Also know a few guys that broke the shift shaft off.So we replaced the shifter with a stock xr400,yes it bends.But we can bend it back easy,also no broken shift shafts.The IMS replacement works real good to brake off the shift shaft

Thanks! I guess I will try the vise then aftermarket shifter if necessary.

had to bend mine out a couple of times, no problems yet. As much as i crash i am always bending brake and shifter lever.

Well it's aluminum and it won't bend that easy. You can try some heat, but if you really want to change how close it is, I would recomend getting an aftermarket steel one, and bending that.

+1 !

It also allows for trailside "repairs" in the event of a crash. Just brand and bend!

Alright I bent mine out with no trouble. Thanks