HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
3rdgearpnd

R&D Carb Products

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone purchased R&Ds accelerator pump kit.If so does it work? My 00 426 is alittle slugish of the bottom end, I've adjusted the air screw and moved the needle clip up one. It also still poops alittle when decelerating. Thanks in advance for any info also, allways looking for someone to ride with I ride mostly tracks in the socal area thanks again.

I have the R&D on my '00 426 and it has lived up to it's hype....at least for me. It wasn't just one of those "install and go" gadgets. It took some time to sort out the jetting correctly. The White Brother's Titanium head pipe mated to the carbon fiber silencer gave me the huge bottom end boost that I was after. Since I almost never hit the rev limiter, the sacrifice of top-end was not a big loss for me. What I was aiming for was precise throttle response along with a boost at bottom and into the mid to mid-top range. I now have that and am in Heaven.

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 03-27-2001).]

I RIDE A 98 400F WITH A WHITE BROTHERS STAINLESS HIGHBOY HEADPIPE AND PRO-MEG ALUMINUM SILENCER. I HAVE INSTALLED THE R&D P-38 ACC. PUMP KIT AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT, AND IT WORKS WONDERFULLY. IT IS MONEY WELL SPENT!! THE BIKE DOES NOT HESITATE OR SPIT AND SPUT DOWN LOW LIKE IT DID BEFOR THE INSTALL.

I installed the accelerator pump limit screw-as described by "BK" on another post. This works great and eliminates the need to spend money on the R&D pump. The best part is that the screw lets you dial the pump in to your bike's jetting setup. While the R&D pump does also limit accel pump volume, it allows no easy way to tune or adjust the pump.

3rd,

Have you bumped up your main jet? Doing this along with going up a size (or two)on the pilot jet helped mine.

I guess I was lucky to get a good one. Plug fouling has never been an issue for me. I was strictly looking to get rid of that little hesitation when the throttle is wicked open quickly.

Thanks to everyone for the info,I also have the WB head pipe& E series silincer so it sounds like the B K or the R&D is the way to go. Thanks again